Hello!

Wow, thanks for all the welcome messages!

I'll post some pics shortly but the Z is silver with grey interior and Rays alloys.

I'd seen one I liked the look of in Autotrader a few weeks back at a dealer in Kirkcaldy and arranged to go down to see it on a Thursday as the Wednesday was the sales guy's day off. I stupidly didn't give him a mobile number, set off early Thursday morning, and arrived to see an immaculate Z with a 'sold' sticker on the windscreen. Another salesman had flogged it to a walk-in on the Wednesday!

The guy I was dealing with was very apologetic and I guess these things happen but I was totally gutted. Then on the Friday I got a call from him saying he had sourced another slightly newer, but otherwise identical, car through Nissan. I paid a deposit on the basis that it would be spotless, the garage had it trailered up to Scotland, I went back down to Kirkcaldy to see it, drove it, loved it, agreed to buy it and it's now all mine! I guess it was just meant to be.......

Whereabout in NZ do you live Bronzee? One of my best mates is a Kiwi who now lives up here working in the oil industry. He's originally from Taranaki and goes back every couple of years to see the rellies. Always telling me that I need to get out to NZ for a holiday!

He also told me that when he was a teenager he used to drive various cool Jap sports cars that were available very cheap as container loads of them were shipped into NZ from Japan once they were a two or three years old. :D Sounds great!

Whereabout in NZ do you live Bronzee? One of my best mates is a Kiwi who now lives up here working in the oil industry. He's originally from Taranaki and goes back every couple of years to see the rellies. Always telling me that I need to get out to NZ for a holiday!

He also told me that when he was a teenager he used to drive various cool Jap sports cars that were available very cheap as container loads of them were shipped into NZ from Japan once they were a two or three years old. :D Sounds great!

I'm in Auckland, the biggest city. About 6 hours drive north of where you're mate is from.

Yip, he's right! We have just about every make and model of Jap car, especially sports cars, NZ gets them. I guess NZ is kind of a Jap dumping ground, but works out pretty well for a lot of people.

A friend of mine is the Managing Editor for Nissan Sports Mag, he was absolutely blown away when he came over to NZ for a few meets last year, I tee'd up over 70 Nissan cars at the Auckland meet at very short notice. Poor Dave didn't know what to take photos of first, so many cars he'd never seen, even in his travel for the mag, and they certainly don't get in the US.

We're a bit car crazy in NZ, just over 4 million people and there are over 267 different car clubs. Go figure. And still a good number of car nuts around the Taranaki area.

We'd love to see some of our Zed cousins head on down to "the land of the dumb flightless bird". :yahoo: