GTR -Nurburgring -new time - 7mins 29 sec!

rickya

Not bad for an overweight crap track car :blush::lol:

and it's sssoooooooo heavy :lol:

You boys should know better! :boxing:

That is quick for a really overweight crap trackcar though...... :lol:

v-spec should be interesting...

+1 - was reportedly doing 7m 25s and still in developement. At this rate wouldnt be supprised to see sub 7m 20s from it.

And if they gave it to that local lass who tracked Top Gears van round in some incredible time, 7m 15 might be on :scare:

v-spec should be interesting...

+1 - was reportedly doing 7m 25s and still in developement. At this rate wouldnt be supprised to see sub 7m 20s from it.

And if they gave it to that local lass who tracked Top Gears van round in some incredible time, 7m 15 might be on :scare:

And if they give it to me I might even make it round the track :scare:

Ring is not really a track as its a public road....albeit a toll one.

And the thing is still heavy....BUT is a great car and I do not thing anyone will disagree with that, I have always said from the start.

Just think what it would be if it lost some of that weight...cannot wait until someone does strip it out.

This is what I call a proper light track car and the GTR is a long way from that time.

http://www.radicalextremesportscars.com ... /index.php

Ok, it's all a wind up. I honestly don't think anybody is claiming the GT-R is a track car. GT gives it away for me. I'd rather swiftly cross continents in it than a radical or an ultima but then going on a track I'd rather have one of the other two!

V spec will be good as it is lighter and a stripped down noisy version with thinner and lighter panels would decimate all. Awesome piece of engineering but there would be more 'ultimate thrills' about - A 1600 Caterham Roadsport would give you a bigger grin probably.

I still want a GT-R though!

This is what I call a proper light track car and the GTR is a long way from that time.

http://www.radicalextremesportscars.com ... /index.php

It is indeed, but try driving that to work :lol:

Forget driving it to work just try driving it to the track lol. Great track car but many of us would prefer 1 car thats really good at everything rather than medeoka at one and great at the other.

Gents

I have driven the 7 to work...twice actually. But it does not have a roof, windscreen or doors and I have to wear a suit each day....so not ideal.

But I disagree about 1 car. I used have the Zed for 3 years and also the 7 for fun. Both great cars. Now a drive a big tug boat of a BMeer but still quick enough, very comfortable and arguably far more practical for a work horse than a zed. I still thing it would not be toooo far behind a Zed on road or track.

If/when I go for a GTR I would still have a proper lightweight for fun. ! know of a caterham currently on sale with a trailer that everyone of you would enjoy as much as the zed and its on sale for £12.5k For a track would be great and if you bin it the max damage would be £12k compare to binning a GTR at £60k

If anyone is free on monday and near Kent come over to france for the day (£22 each way), go to Abbeville and I will give a PAX and you will see what a lightweight can do (by the way I am not a quick driver). Also likely to get you out in some fast elise/exige and one chap on the short list will just scare you to an inch of a brown trouser moment in his caterham...

PS anyone going to the A1GP sunday.

If/when I go for a GTR I would still have a proper lightweight for fun. ! know of a caterham currently on sale with a trailer that everyone of you would enjoy as much as the zed and its on sale for £12.5k For a track would be great and if you bin it the max damage would be £12k compare to binning a GTR at £60k

You are probably less likely to kill yourself in a GT-R if you bin it though :)