Hello lucky 350z owners!!!

Been browsing the site for sometime now since having gotten into my head that i must get a 350z!!!finally registered and here I am!!!!

Im dead set on my Z and i have just been trying to convince my self that its going to be the right choice for me.

I am currently leasing a citroen C2 1.6i Code (ok ok ok stop laughing) my comute to work is 22 miles round trip (solihull to redditch ok ok ok stop laughing again!!) This consists of country lanes / dual carriage ways. My current weekly average MPG is about 31 and put in bout £36 pounds a week at the pump.

Before i make the awsome plunge into 350z greatness im just wondering if anyone does a similar comute to work, what its like on country lanes and what your fuel costs are.

Thanks

Dave

Hi Dave and welcome to the forum. I live in the country and it loves the lanes so no issues there. As for MPH I must admit that driving with the fun setting on maximum I rarely get into 4th or above so it can be a bit thirsty.

Great fun though so go for it. :D

Welcome, welcome, welcome !

I've worked in Redditch before but not done that commute, used to go in and out of Longbridge a bit as well.

My the sounds of it your mileage isn't going to be the biggest cost factor change, get an insurance quote or 2 as well, most things will cost you more than what you have currently but you will definitely grin a lot more and look at your car more.

:welcome:

how ever you look at it, they are very thisty. i know each and every member of my local shell petrol station!!!

yes you probably can get 30 mpg (i've never had it this high) but in all reality you will see around 22-24 average.

but once you start driving you wont want to stop. i've even turned down lifts to work which would obviously save me fortune purely because i love my morning drive in.

do it....you wont be dissapointed....apart from when the fuel pump has gone over £70 and is still going up!! :blush:

Welcome to the site:

Reckon on about half the mpg you currently get, if you drive the car how it encourages you ;) Yes, you might see the right side of 20 but the sound and car's ability, (and as long as you treat damp/slippery surfaces with respect) is so intoxicating the :teeth:'s will far outweigh the downside of digging deeper in your pocket :thumbs:

Welcome mate I had an audi TT 225 1.8 before the 350z and I have to tell you, the Z was for me better on fuel :wacko::thumbs: Like everyone else says it depends how you drive it, if you are going to work you should be able to get 23-25mpg if driving sensibly lol. But for the first two months of ownership expect to be hitting 17-18mpg and having a face like youve got a coathanger stuck in your mouth :yahoo::drive1

Hi :)

I commute into Redditch from the North Worcestershire wilderness, mixture of country roads & dual carriageways, 62miles a day. If I'm good - 28mpg, if I'm feeling spirited 22ish. Problem with the Zed of course, it always makes you feel spirited :teeth:

Only ever fill her up with super-unleaded, £79 last time round. I'll let you do the maths. But go test drive one, you'll forget about doing maths at that point :)

I commute into Redditch from the North Worcestershire wilderness, mixture of country roads & dual carriageways, 62miles a day. If I'm good - 28mpg, if I'm feeling spirited 22ish. Problem with the Zed of course, it always makes you feel spirited :teeth:

Only ever fill her up with super-unleaded, £79 last time round. I'll let you do the maths. But go test drive one, you'll forget about doing maths at that point :)

And the other problem is that I can turn a 30 mile journey into a 60 mile journey to enjoy driving more :wacko:

And the other problem is that I can turn a 30 mile journey into a 60 mile journey to enjoy driving more :wacko:

"no problem matt, i dont mind showing you where the best place to eat is...its only down the road...."

vrrrroooooommmm.....:drive1

:lol:

Ditto what the others have said. I would say a spirited drive will see you at 20MPG, behaving a little better will get you 25MPG. It all depends on how you drive. Carrying momentum in the Zed is easy and keeping it through the corners is easy too, it just depends on how much start stop driving you do. Keeping up a good momentum you will be supprised at the MPG you can achieve :teeth:

I'm in Solihull too and drive around 28 miles round trip into east Birmingham. It's mostly urban and dual carriageways with lots of roundabouts (decelerating and accelerating which is bad for economy but good for fun factor :teeth:)

Like most people say I average low 20's (21-24 mpg). If I drive more spiritedly it can drop under 20, but tootle along and it can go over 25. On a motorway run ay sensible speeds, I can average around 30 which isnt bad for a 300bhp V6.

Ive had mine almost 2 years and dont regret it one bit. The cost of fuel is beginning to hurt a bot more though, and dont forget the increased road tax from next year....