Sign in to follow this  
hmale4yu

New Corvette C8

Initial thoughts on this? Its estimated to start from $60k which may translate as some speculate at circa £75k over here. Also confirmed in RHD

I'm expecting the C7 prices to take a hit despite there being so few of them here. I saw the video with Jay Leno and he questioned whether the hatch was aluminium to which he was answered that it was in fact fibre glass - something that's apparent from the close up on the video

Not sure on the looks . These taken outdoors in a more natural lighting give a better impression then the car show shots and the heavily edited promo stills

Untitled.jpg

Its still got a Vette back end (Maybe a little camaro esque) but the front sort of looks like a ferrari 360 but in the style of the 458. I kind of like it but at the same time I absolutely love the front engined look with the landing strip of a bonnet.

• Like 1

I'd like to see a C8 stingray side to side with a C7 stingray in the same colour preferably white. I think the C7 looks better from the back by a mile with the centre exhausts , more prominent (less Camaro-esque lights). C8 looks better from the front although there is nothing, no one angle where  the C8 design looks unique/revolutionary . Side looks a bit fussy and could do without that black plastic

As said above with the side profile on that bottom right it's gotta hint of 360 about it. Never had much of a thought on Corvettes (although I did like the C3 design) but this might be a bit of fresh air for them, indeed something very different. Will be interesting to see the first driven reviews online when people start to get their hands on them.  Looks wise, not bad I don't think I'd fire my money towards one (if I had that kinda money lol) 

1 hour ago, AMT said:

As said above with the side profile on that bottom right it's gotta hint of 360 about it. Never had much of a thought on Corvettes (although I did like the C3 design) but this might be a bit of fresh air for them, indeed something very different. Will be interesting to see the first driven reviews online when people start to get their hands on them.  Looks wise, not bad I don't think I'd fire my money towards one (if I had that kinda money lol) 

Why not vs the Zupra, 718, Alpine, Cayman and M2. Surely worth looking at if it was realistic

I used to love the styling of corvettes, the early stingrays, through to mad 1970`s "hot wheels" style stingrays, then the C4, even liked the C5 & C6 when the styling seemed to get more aggressive, but in my opinion it seems to have gone down hill since. The C7 looked less like a corvette and now this C8... just looks really odd to me. Looks like someone has taken 3 or 4 different cars, chopped them up and welded them together. :scare:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 09:55, rabbitstew said:

I used to love the styling of corvettes, the early stingrays, through to mad 1970`s "hot wheels" style stingrays, then the C4, even liked the C5 & C6 when the styling seemed to get more aggressive, but in my opinion it seems to have gone down hill since. The C7 looked less like a corvette and now this C8... just looks really odd to me. Looks like someone has taken 3 or 4 different cars, chopped them up and welded them together. :scare:

This. The interior has dramatically improved C7 to C8 though. Agree with absolutely everything here. Its a shame as the C6 Wide Body (grand sport, Z06 and ZR1) is one of my fav cars of all time. The C7 could have been good if they didn't faff around with rear as much. C6 Grandsport really hits the spot for me. unfortunately realistically the best way to get a good one would be import from US. just not financially viable. My hopes are now with the successor to the 370z

I think it looks pretty good, although from some angles it has a bit of a fat arse - top two photos. From the side it's not apparent at all.

On 23/07/2019 at 21:56, GranTurismoEra said:

i have a feeling it will be around £60,000-£70,000

Looks wise it looks good. I rather this than a 4 pot. 

That’s probably a bit optimistic for the U.K. market.  If a base one is $60k, plus 24% VAT + duty, that’s $75k before shipping, add in the extra build cost of a RHD, middlemen costs in getting them over here and supported, the small numbers that would probably be involved and the £ bombing against the $ at the minute, I’d say nearer £85k -£90k for a reasonably well spec’d model.  That’s highish end 911 territory, but if it’s as good as has been written......

I don’t think Chevy will put the effort Ford did into the Mustang as a ‘glogbal’ brand and at the Mustangs launch in the U.K., the £ v $ was around $1.75ish.  I’d love to see The Camaro being pushed as a global brand, with competitive pricing against the global Mustang.  Will that happen?  Who knows, but a Mustang GT is getting close to £50k now (again exchange rate not helping)

Anyway, if I had £85-90k I’d buy one :teeth:

• Like 1