Silverthorn's MB 370z GT

Silverthorn

• 3 weeks later...

Not a huge amount has happened recently. Went to purchase a set of Varrstoen ES2's in their machined finish only to have the guy sell them to someone else literally 25 minutes before I was due to pick them up... even after we'd agreed on the sale, I had cash out etc. etc. :shrug: Wouldn't have been the end of the world but I'd already drove 20 of the 50 miles to go and pick them up. I'd also found a buyer for my wheels and he was due to pick them up the following day so I had to let him down because of it... :rolleyes:

Kind of a blessing in disguise though as I'll most likely be going with a set of Works emotions now. :D  This all depends on what I can source second hand through the joys of social media or through jdmdistro. Budgeting around the £1.5k - £2k mark so I'd like to think a set shouldn't be too difficult be we'll see. I'd love to buy a set brand new from Driftworks but I just can't justify the near enough £4k price tag :wacko:

2015 Nismo rear bumper will be going on November time as well as a present from my gf for my birthday! Gave up with the idea of a mk1 Nismo rear bumper after the prices I was looking at for sourcing one. 

On another note, I popped out for some photos at Kemble Airfield Yesterday. I still love the look of the car but I can't help but feel the car does need a pair of side skirt extensions and a Carbonsignal front lip. Still not low enough for my liking! :p

IMG_20180930_184533.jpg

IMG_20180930_214048.jpg

Edited by Silverthorn
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Ah well, after much deliberation and struggling to find a set of Work emotions I've given up for the meantime.... Ordered a set of Aodhan DS02's in their vacuum chrome finish which I'm quite excited about!

The car is booked in at a place near to me, Shades Wraps, for the front windows to have a slight tint and the door handles wrapped black.

I've got the 2015 Nismo rear bumper ordered and should be here within a couple of weeks. It's booked in to be painted mid-November!

Due to the new rear bumper going on I had no choice but to get a new exhaust for it to match the rear bumper correctly :p It's booked in at Infinity Exhausts for some short tails on Nov 30th!

I also got this photo from Trax at the weekend. I was due to go down with my girlfriend In her Clio 197, hence not being on the 350zUK stand, but due to a few issues with the car I ended up taking mine for the day.  Great show overall! My first time going to Silverstone and it definitely won't be the last! There's so much more to see than your usual day at Combe!

FB_IMG_1538994063355.jpg.db74bf23e8d339186ebd0fb7cc6a1d8f.jpg

Edited by Silverthorn
  • Like 1

@valy Cheers mate - I was parked up near the trade stands over by the tunnels on the entrance. Not the best spot to be honest but it wasn't too bad... I did get a brief spot in the Meguiar's video from Trax which was kind of cool though :)

I can't wait to get all the parts fitted! It's going to be a good couple of months!

• Like 1

The new wheels have arrived! Test fitted them earlier and the fitment is looking spot on :D I didn't have any planks of wood so I couldn't lower the car fully off the jack unfortunately but it's all looking good so far. 

New tyres ordered a couple of days ago so they should be here in the middle of next week. Hoping to get them fitted next Friday while the car is having the handles and windows done! 

I cannot wait! 

IMG_20181018_190128.jpg

IMG_20181018_154307.jpg

IMG_20181018_153805.jpg

Edited by Silverthorn
  • Like 1

@davey_83 Haha yeah they're definitely quite bright! :lol: I was almost worried they were a bit too much but after seeing them briefly on the car I'm confident they should look good, especially when the Nismo rear goes on!

The wheels I've got are 19 x 9.5 et15 for the front and then 19 x 11 et22 for the rear. I'll also still be using my 15mm rear spacer for the rear so it'll essentially be 19x11 et7 :thumbs:

Dependent on how these fit i may move the 15mm spacer to the front and purchase a 20 or 25mm spacer for the rear but we'll see :)

For tyres I've went with 245/35/19 for the front and then 275/35/19 for the rear. These are the same tyres that Royal Speed Shop run on their Work Kiwami's with the same specs so hopefully they should fit something like this 

IMG_0199a.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

O2HQIVU.jpg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Silverthorn said:

The new wheels have arrived! Test fitted them earlier and the fitment is looking spot on :D I didn't have any planks of wood so I couldn't lower the car fully off the jack unfortunately but it's all looking good so far. 

New tyres ordered a couple of days ago so they should be here in the middle of next week. Hoping to get them fitted next Friday while the car is having the handles and windows done! 

I cannot wait! 

IMG_20181018_190128.jpg

IMG_20181018_154307.jpg

IMG_20181018_153805.jpg

IMG_20181018_161009.jpg

Awesome, get some pictures up with those new wheels on :)

@Sim Don't worry, I'll be sure to get a few photos on here the second the wheels go on :)

2 hours ago, mattross1313 said:

This thread has such a strong wheel game, it's awesome :D

Cheers mate! I absolutely adore the wheels now I've seen them in person. How much I'll love them when I'm trying to keep them clean every week will be another matter :doh:

Popped the tyres on the wheels and gave them a test fit the other day - not a fan of the chrome at all in the end :doh::lol:

IMG_20181023_153034.jpg.7f78a43d7a073231c0bcf89d7374a3b7.jpg

Looked a tad too American IMO and the car is way too subtle overall to pull them off... I'm a massive fan of them off the car but as soon as i put them on, the whole stealthy look of the car was ruined :thumbdown:

Dropped them off yesterday to be stripped and powder coated a dark graphite colour. I should have them back Friday afternoon, just after i get my windows slightly tinted and the door handled wrapped gloss black.

In better news though the fitment of the wheel in the arch is almost perfect. I think I'll move from a 15mm spacer to a 20mm in the rear and then move the 15mm spacer over to the front, with the addition of some Hardrace adjustable camber arms to tuck the top of the front tyre just inside of the arch... Good times ahead!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Andy_Muxlow said:

Wow your car looks amazing! Great job buddy.

Cheers mate! It's getting there slowly... I can't wait for it all to come together over the next few months!

8 minutes ago, 14N said:

Looking forward to seeing the new new wheels fitted. :thumbs: 

Much prefer the sound of the dark graphite colour personally, especially on your car B) 

Same here! I can't wait! :clap:

I like quite a few cars over in the states with polished wheels and they do look great in photos. I just think over here it's a little bit OTT, at least on my car anyway :mellow:

• Like 1

Wheels are back from being powder coated - They look tonnes better than i could of originally anticipated! :clap:

Just need to fiddle about with the ride height slightly, order some larger spacers for the rear and give the car a good wash! Plus fit the abundance of parts i seem to keep having arrive at my doorstep recently :lol:

Pics to follow soon...

IMG_20181026_154929.jpg

Edited by Silverthorn
  • Like 2