Jump to content


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

118 Excellent

About Silverthorn

  • Rank
    Z Dedicated
  • Birthday November 16


  • Location

Recent Profile Visitors

201 profile views
  1. Silverthorn

    Nathan's 370

    @Nso93 No problem mate! Glad you're happy with the exhaust. Looks awesome!
  2. Silverthorn

    They Have Arrived.

    I'll be at Japfest this year. I'll see you there!
  3. Silverthorn

    They Have Arrived.

    They look AWESOME!!! Any plans for any car shows this year? I'd love to see these in person!
  4. Silverthorn

    Silverthorn's MB 370z GT

    @davidv10 Agreed! Black internals look soo much better than the stock mirrored finish imo
  5. 1. 14N 2. Andy_Muxlow 3. Buster 4. SHEZZA 5. Kingsley  6. Amyzed 7. davey_83 8. Panman 9. glrnet 10. G1en@waxandshine 11. andy James 12. Killick.z 13. Scott370z 14. Bradley 15. Valy 16. Liviu 17. Nso93 18. Silverthorn 19. 20.
  6. Silverthorn

    Silverthorn's MB 370z GT

    @14N Cheers mate! It's my second time splitting a set of headlights now so it wasn't anywhere near as daunting as it was the first time! I was quite tempted to paint the silver plastic rings and the orange piece all black but I'm extremely glad i didn't. Much prefer the OEM Nismo look
  7. Silverthorn

    Stiff 1st and 2nd when cold

    Very common across all manual 370's. New gearbox oil and some molyslip can help aid selecting gears but you'll never get rid of the problem. Just something you have to get used to
  8. Silverthorn


    @Payco Those wheels get me every time! Words cannot describe how envious I am of you. They're gorgeous wheels! Cannot wait to see them once you get them fitted
  9. Silverthorn

    My White 370z GT

    Looking very good there mate! Great minds must think alike I done mine just the other day as well
  10. Silverthorn


    Words of wisdom I'm exactly the same. I've spent thousands in the past few months getting the car how I want it and I haven't actually used it as much as I'd hoped. Don't get me wrong, I've still got a tonne of stuff planned, but my priority will definitely be leaning toward spending my cash on European roadtrips, car shows and the like.
  11. Silverthorn

    POST YOUR ZED PIC OF THE DAY.............

    @HEADPHONES I'll be popping out to get some more photos some time soon! I'll be sure to put them up on here once i have
  12. Silverthorn

    POST YOUR ZED PIC OF THE DAY.............

    As some may have already seen. Popped down to Cheddar Gorge on Christmas Eve for some photos since my car was finally clean and we had some clear skies. Not a soul in sight so it was perfect to take a few photos!
  13. Silverthorn

    Silverthorn's MB 370z GT

    @nissanman312 Cheers mate! The process overall is relatively simple. I just took the bumper off, then disconnected the headlights and pulled them out as well. From memory there is 4 10mm hex bolts and some plastic push clips holding each headlight in. Once the headlight is out you can remove the Phillips screws (6 in total i think) holding the plastic lens to the headlight body then heat the sealant holding the two together. Some people put the headlight in the oven but i didn't fancy that as i didn't want to risk melting the headlight so i just used a heat gun. 5 or 10 minutes or so of heating the sealant and it'll be soft enough for you to pull the two apart. Plastic trim removal tools are really helpful during this! Once the headlight is in two pieces you have to separate the piece shown in the picture below from the headlight plastic lens as they are fixed together. They're held together by a bunch Phillips screws as well. Once you've got that apart you can start stripping it down in to its individual components. It's all very self explanatory once you get the headlight off the car really so it's quite straight forward. Then just paint it all up and pop it back together! For paint i just used one 300ml can of Halfords Plastic Primer and one 300ml can of Halfords Satin Black. I didn't use any lacquer as i didn't want the headlight internals to be shiny at all. For putting it back together i re-used the original sealant as well as topping it up with some black silicone sealant in the places where there wasn't as much sealant as others. On mine the top and bottom of the headlight had plenty of sealant, whereas around the indicator there wasn't very much. Once the old sealant has been reheated and the extra sealant has been added you can just pop them back together. I got the headlight most of the way back together before the sealant went a bit stiff so i had to reheat again before i could close all the gaps. Then it's just the case of popping all the Phillips screws back in and job done! My apologies for the overly lengthy and poorly explained description of all off that so hopefully it kind of makes sense. This first half of this video is quite helpful to see how the headlight removal and how the headlight goes together.
  14. Silverthorn

    Silverthorn's MB 370z GT

    Popped down Cheddar Gorge today for some photos since i knew it'd be nice and quiet as it's Christmas Eve. It's nice to have some half decent photos of the car when it isn't soaked or stupidly dirty Very happy with how the car has progressed this year! Can't wait for 2019 though! Got quite a few good bits and pieces planned
  15. Silverthorn

    Looking for 2016 370z nismo front bumper in white.

    I paid £396 + VAT for my MK2 Nismo front bumper direct from Nissan, so £475 total. If you have a local dealer that may be a cheaper option as you can collect the bumper from the dealer, I'm not too sure what Torqen's postage prices are like so i can't say either way. If you need the little red trim pieces for the bottom of the bumper, those are £21.96 + VAT each from Nissan also.