Fatal attraction - New Type R

GranTurismoEra

So with skipping through as it seemed a bit futile, the dude is basically comparing the two, so whats being said, a marketing error by Honda for calling it Nsx? If it carried a different name i still think people would compare so in my mind, its irrelevant. By all accounts the new one is a dam good car, just too pricey, the old one wasnt that good, snap oversteer on the earlier models, not that quick and sales were poor, probably down to price again (they knocked 10k of list back in the day) and badge snobbery, seems there is a lot of jdm fanboi rose coloured glasses to the original as its now collectable (plus i admit its achingly pretty), unless of course after driving one you feel differently?

I wouldnt give you £40-50k for an old one and wouldnt give you £150k for a new one, just trying to be subjective on two different cars :thumbs:

If anyone knows Hondas projected sales targets feel free to add them as thats the only real way to factually say its been a flop or not.

It’s a halo car, designed to drive other car sales. They’ll have made a massive loss on each one if you look at it that way, but overall it may break even for the brand. 

I wonder how much the F1 debacle hurt them?

• Like 1

I've had hands on time in the previous FK2 Type R, it's a track ready car out the box. 

I couldn't upset it enough to experience any torque steer, it grips and goes very well indeed. On the flip side the engine sounds awful, looks are questionable and price is a tad steep.

31 minutes ago, nowhereboy said:

I've had hands on time in the previous FK2 Type R, it's a track ready car out the box. 

I couldn't upset it enough to experience any torque steer, it grips and goes very well indeed. On the flip side the engine sounds awful, looks are questionable and price is a tad steep.

I got shown a clean pair of heels by one off a wet round about 

So went to drive one ...now I'm not old  old but dam how did they make it so bloody harsh to drive in terms of damping and my z is on kwv3 with polybushed arms etc but that thing was awfully harsh

The new model is supposed to be a lot better 

Edited by nissanman312

1 hour ago, davey_83 said:

Not just quick, but reports say it's chassis, suspension, steering and drivetrain are among the very best in class. 

But look at it. Just look at it!

Actually don't. It's hideous. You'll do a little vom in your mouth.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, davey_83 said:

Not just quick, but reports say it's chassis, suspension, steering and drivetrain are among the very best in class. 

What is actually left in its class 

If you call it a fwd hyper hatch 

Civic type r

Gti clubsport 

Anything else 

New Megane and I30n I wouldnt put in same class as its got almost 70bhp on them 

On 5/29/2018 at 12:12, StevoD said:

Fastest fwd production car at what exactly? 

i'd say it's pretty common knowledge that the fastest FF production car out-of-the-box on track would be the DC2. Or at least it used to be once upon-a-time. Nothing could touch it in its class and then would go on to hammer most things with an additional 100 hp on it. Superb car. 

On 01/06/2018 at 08:32, Rock_Steady said:

There's something about it that appeals to me. Yes, it is as ugly as a baboons bottom, but i don't know, i think i'd still consider buying one, probably more if i drove it. 

Its a valid point, but i still want to glance back when i lock up and leave or see something good sitting there as i come back, sneak a look out the window or open the garage.

Maybe right or wrongly, every aspect of a car should stimulate me, looks, sound and drive, its going to have to be a mind blowing good drive to compensate for the other two and whilst it may be good, its never going to be that good.

In reality is that handling going to stand head and shoulders above the rest on the road, again i doubt it and ive yet to see one at a track day. the more i think about it, the less i get it to be honest, you can get an awful lot of car for £35k.

Edited by Jetpilot

On 6/4/2018 at 12:24, Jetpilot said:

Its a valid point, but i still want to glance back when i lock up and leave or see something good sitting there as i come back, sneak a look out the window or open the garage.

Maybe right or wrongly, every aspect of a car should stimulate me, looks, sound and drive, its going to have to be a mind blowing good drive to compensate for the other two and whilst it may be good, its never going to be that good.

In reality is that handling going to stand head and shoulders above the rest on the road, again i doubt it and ive yet to see one at a track day. the more i think about it, the less i get it to be honest, you can get an awful lot of car for £35k.

Very true.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/06/2018 at 08:32, Rock_Steady said:

There's something about it that appeals to me. Yes, it is as ugly as a baboons bottom, but i don't know, i think i'd still consider buying one, probably more if i drove it. 

Its a Honda thats why it appeals...The reliability factor and fact its hardly anyone cuppa.. a transmission issue at the moment i heard though ()gearcrunch) aside from that.....

On 28/05/2018 at 16:59, Jetpilot said:

So with skipping through as it seemed a bit futile, the dude is basically comparing the two, so whats being said, a marketing error by Honda for calling it Nsx? If it carried a different name i still think people would compare so in my mind, its irrelevant. By all accounts the new one is a dam good car, just too pricey, the old one wasnt that good, snap oversteer on the earlier models, not that quick and sales were poor, probably down to price again (they knocked 10k of list back in the day) and badge snobbery, seems there is a lot of jdm fanboi rose coloured glasses to the original as its now collectable (plus i admit its achingly pretty), unless of course after driving one you feel differently?

I wouldnt give you £40-50k for an old one and wouldnt give you £150k for a new one, just trying to be subjective on two different cars :thumbs:

If anyone knows Hondas projected sales targets feel free to add them as thats the only real way to factually say its been a flop or not.

Seenthrough gLass on Youtube had one I think. But hes waiting for depreciation which is 100% going to hit. Some are going for £140,000 already a £30,000+ drop on ones with few miles. He reckons he'll get one when the price is at £110,000 or so. Give it another year....

if spending £180,000 on a specced up one, better of going for a 720S...with a bit more money added ontop..

Then again its a hybrid sports car, SO some may not see it as expensive. 

I went to MacLaren Knightsbridge with a mate to look at a few, they had a 720s there, with a few necessary options you are minimum £225k plus, 30% isnt a little more on top, its another level and a different price bracket.

But a truly to die for car, not something you can say about a Nsx.