EV Thread - ALL EV POSTS HERE PLEASE

coldel

If it's released here in 2019.

And if they actually release it here at all.

And if they follow the same pricing strategy.

And if the "EV grant" is still the same amount by then.

And if the "EV grant" is even still a thing if any of that happens.

Or to actually answer the question; nobody knows yet (or if, for that matter - GZ's favourite assumption). ;)

Unless they’ve sorted their horrendous quality control issues, banging them out of the door any quicker isn’t going to help Tesla.

Cynically, I see this as an easy bit of good press to encourage more people to put a deposit down to assist with Tesla cash flow, rather than them actually having sorted anything.

49 minutes ago, Ekona said:

Unless they’ve sorted their horrendous quality control issues, banging them out of the door any quicker isn’t going to help Tesla.

Cynically, I see this as an easy bit of good press to encourage more people to put a deposit down to assist with Tesla cash flow, rather than them actually having sorted anything.

Tesla need to get the 3 out of the door ASAP. There are plenty of people in my position with a Model 3 deposit now looking at a used S85 as they fall in price. 

If RHD deliveries don't seem likely next year this time, we might end up with a used P85 S :).

I also have half an eye on the iPace, if Jag can hit the £60K target price AND deliver a 90kWh near 300 miles range it could prove too tempting to resist.......Might even swap the X for it IF Jag can hit their benchmarks, but pricing is key.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-la-motor-show/2018-jaguar-i-pace-electric-suv-revealed-plus-exclusive-autocar

Either way it's an exciting time ahead, cannot wait to see what EVs come to market over the next 18 months.

Model 3, used Model S, or iPace, I'll be happy with an of those to accompany the X......there is even rumours of an infinity EV based on next gen Leaf powertrain.

Edited by gangzoom

19 hours ago, gangzoom said:

It sums up my feelings, as a commuter vehicle for my current short distance needs, its ideal. I even think the new leaf isn't bad looking compared with the old one, its similar to the new Micra. I guess I like its day to day practicality, but I have no passion for one...like I have no passion for commuting:lol:

First Model 3 deliveries have started for non Tesla/Space X staff. Day one west coast owners with current Tesla (essentially first in line) are now getting their cars :)

RHD deliveries still predicting 2019 so maybe next year this time we'll be able to configure a 3 for my wife - but more likely in autumn/winter 2019.

Cannot wait!!!

https://youtu.be/6h_zriVw8uc

Edited by gangzoom

• 1 month later...

Not been an 911 fanboy I had no idea its been 70 years since Porsche made their first car, which I was surprised to learn wasn't a 911 :lol:

But I couldn't help notice which car Porsche has chosen to line up next to the original.......

258ab74b-4d15-40ea-a954-913d59220170_ima

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/company/porsche-70-years-sports-car-new-year-reception-anniversary-356-no-1-roadster-ferry-porsche-ferdinand-alexander-porsche-tradition-future-mission-e-oliver-blume-14750.html

I'm fairly sure you're not supposed to have red lights at the front though, you can get pulled for that (ask anyone with a Knightrider bonnet used on the road) ... and the writing should be in mirror writing, not that my humble zed would be in front of it for long (or at all) I'm sure. 

39 minutes ago, Ekona said:

If only it was actually going to look like that :( Check out the recent spy shots, it's far more generic in the flesh. The front and rear isn't a mile off, but the side profile is pure Panamera.

Oddly enough had a nice look at a e hybrid panamera at fuel station other day rather like it are the usually yawn fest cvt hybrids or more along the lines of the 918

8 hours ago, Ekona said:

If only it was actually going to look like that :( Check out the recent spy shots, it's far more generic in the flesh. The front and rear isn't a mile off, but the side profile is pure Panamera.

Thats because the test mule is essentially a panamera. Porsche are still developing the drive train, once it’s done the body style will be done.

Pricing is looking OK too, £70k ish. Never had any interest in the 911 but this thing might tempt me. Sadly will depend on good a family wagon it is first......

Also looks like a RWD version is planned, strip out the interior and might even make it a fun track car.

https://electrek.co/2017/12/28/porsche-mission-e-price-performance/

Edited by gangzoom

On 1/26/2018 at 21:45, marzman said:

The Mission E.  Pretty gorgeous if you ask me.    :in_love:  Thanks for sharing.

porsche_mission_e_concept.jpgPorsche-Mission-E-rear-three-quarter-022p15_0784_rgb_a4.jpg?itok=pzIqO-8G

Wow! i think i have just wet my pants. That is the most stunning car i have seen in a long time. I'd definitely have one if i could afford it. Wouldn't even bother with a test drive. i want one. 

• coldel changed the title to EV Thread - ALL EV POSTS HERE PLEASE

Seriously?  Any mention of an EV car has to move to this thread?  Im not particularly interested in EV cars but things like the Mission E should be discussed openly for all to see - it's one of the nicest looking cars in years!  I wouldn't have seen it if it was buried in this thread.  It's an 'Other Car' so why cant it be discussed in the 'Other Cars' sub-forum?

:dry:

Edited by marzman

I set up an EV thread some time back to prevent the repetitive debate on the advantages and disadvantages of the EV. Clearly some people love them regardless some dont, here is were the debate can continue in a civil manner without having to set up numerous threads that eventually converge into the same debate. If you are interested in EVs, you come here.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Ekona said:

Because it’s an EV. This is the EV thread. ;) 

So by that logic, lets just have an 'other cars' thread, and not discuss any other cars in posts of their own, such as the Mustang thread. 

/sarcasm

46 minutes ago, coldel said:

I set up an EV thread some time back to prevent the repetitive debate on the advantages and disadvantages of the EV. Clearly some people love them regardless some dont, here is were the debate can continue in a civil manner without having to set up numerous threads that eventually converge into the same debate. If you are interested in EVs, you come here.

And I do see the point of that, it makes sense.  As i said, im not interested in EV's, their advantages/disadvantages etc.  I just want to talk about cool cars, but i and i guess others would have been deprived that opportunity if the thread had been started in here because I wouldn't have bothered looking in here.