Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington has committed suicide

The great flock is being gathered. The Lords day is coming. Repent ye sinners.

Always a shame when people go before their time. Chris Cornell the other week was really bad news.

I'm long overdue. 

Edited by TT350

2 minutes ago, Jay84 said:

Such a shame.  Can't begin to imagine how bad things would have to be for that to be the best solution. 

Just look at his early life:

======

Chester Bennington was born in Phoenix, Arizona. His mother was a nurse, while his father was a police detective who worked with child sex abuse cases,[3] and took double shifts.[4] Bennington took interest in music at a young age, citing bands Depeche Mode and Stone Temple Pilots as his early inspirations,[5] and dreamed of becoming a member of Stone Temple Pilots.[6]

Bennington's parents divorced when he was 11 years old, and his father gained custody of him.[4] After the divorce, Bennington started abusing marijuana, alcohol, opium, cocaine, methamphetamine,[5][7] and LSD.[4] He eventually overcame his drug addiction, and would go on to denounce drug use in future interviews.[8] During one Linkin Park tour, he started heavily drinking.[3] In 2011, he claimed to have quit, noting: "I just don't want to be that person anymore."[9]

In an interview, Bennington revealed that he suffered sexual abuse from an older male friend when he was seven years old.[9] He was afraid to ask for help because he did not want people to think he was gay or lying, and the abuse continued until the age of 13.[4] The abuse and situation at home affected him so much that he felt the urge to kill and run away.[4] To comfort himself, he drew pictures, and wrote poetry and songs.[4] Later, he revealed the abuser's identity to his father, but chose not to continue the case after he realized the abuser was a victim himself.[7]

At the age of 17, Bennington moved in with his mother, and was banned from leaving the house when his mother discovered his drug activity.[4] He worked at a Burger King before starting his career as a professional musician.[5] He was physically bullied in high school. In an interview, he said: "I was knocked around like a rag doll at school, for being skinny and looking different."

=======

:surrender:

If you haven't been through any extreme difficulty in life you can't mimic the inspiration those hardships inspire. 

You know inside when it's just a hard time as life ebbs and flows. It's very different to the non stop tidal wave of misery and difficulties some people go through.

Unfortunately the same things that inspire often cause the demise of a person. 

There are millions of people that will be enduring those times who sadly won't leave any inspiration because they don't have the platform to speak from.

But we can take some kind of comfort in the music and art left behind. 

The Fragile by Nine Inch Nails has always 'been there for me'.

Truly sad and such a great talent.  He'll be sorely missed.  I think both he and Cornell were awesome.

As I played Rusty Cage and Sound Garden for a whole week it seems the right time to bring out all my Park albums and play them in celebration of what amazing tracks he's left us with. 

7 hours ago, Flashback said:

Truly sad and such a great talent.  He'll be sorely missed.  I think both he and Cornell were awesome.

As I played Rusty Cage and Sound Garden for a whole week it seems the right time to bring out all my Park albums and play them in celebration of what amazing tracks he's left us with. 

I'm with you, dug out Hybrid theory for the gym this morning.

Such a shame someone feels things are so bad that this is the only way out. Hugely talented and a great loss.

Edited by TomBorehamUK

A few months back he was replying to every tweet that was saying how terrible their album was. He was apologising and saying how they didn't want to let their fans down etc. He genuinely cared for his fans and their expectations of him. Such a loss.

Personally, I found LP purely because they were one of the only groups in that genre who didn't swear, so I was allowed to buy their CD's :lol: Whenever I'm having a hard time I gravitate back to LP (Or Papa roach!) I don't usually get drawn into the celebrity death market, but this one genuinely bummed me out.

Yea not often do I get kicked back by a celeb death but this hit enough, I guess it's because I have alot of time invested in listening to there music.

I still rate collisions course as my #1 album 

Listening on Spotify this morning and having this come up was a bit odd 

Screenshot_2017-07-21-09-23-56-901.jpeg

Must be hard for people not to take stuff to heart with social media these days, too easy to be contacted directly and reply back.

I think LP were the first band to get me back into the more metal side of rock, as I'd spent a few years previous hard in the rave scene as guitar-based music had turned rubbish. Used to listen to HT on the way to and from college, just on repeat.

30 minutes ago, Ekona said:

Must be hard for people not to take stuff to heart with social media these days, too easy to be contacted directly and reply back.

I think LP were the first band to get me back into the more metal side of rock, as I'd spent a few years previous hard in the rave scene as guitar-based music had turned rubbish. Used to listen to HT on the way to and from college, just on repeat.

Much like that for me too!  One for everyone: 

• 2 weeks later...