Thinking about a change

evilscorp

Just put the chrysler 300c though its MOT, had to change some brake pipes and some suspension arms but it's passed. Spent about £1K on it since I bought it for 4.5K and I suspect I should be able to sell it for what I bought it for or a tad more.

Only reason I am thinking about selling is because part of me wants something that I can throw about on track as well as do the daily commute + have 4 seats in the event of children turning up in the next two years.

Budget £7K

Contenders are;

clio cup 200; pro's = good on track, mpg good, good for commute (4miles), Ok power, 4-5 seats. Negatives = its french, interior would drive me nuts for being so bland.

200sx, pro's = turbo! 4 seats, ok mpg, ok power, easy to mod (would love to do a rocket bunny boss kit) interchangeable parts with the 350z. Negatives = its old, overpriced, most rust like mad, hard to find a good one.

giulietta cloverleaf; pro's = turbo! good power, good mpg, 4-5seats, it's an alfa, great euro NCP for family protection. Negatives = if it breaks it will be expensive for parts, not 100% sure on styling.

GT86; pro's = 4 seats, looks good, fun, its relatively new. Negatives = I would need finance to buy it,

Anything else that is quirky I may be missing?

If its a 50/50 priority between the 2, track and daily, i would probably go for a late as possible model Rx8 or M3 E46 and if you think harder on the finance and consider that an option, 135i is about as best suited to your needs as you can get :)

Edited by Jetpilot

I was gonna say an evo 7 buy just checked the prices. They're close to evo 10 prices lol

Accord type r?

Crz might have back seats but kids and a boot that size wouldn't work

Quick note: 200SX and GT86 - while they have back seats - are by no means 4 seaters !

I got baby seats in my tsport celica I then tried to tell the SO it was a family car. She didn't believe me.

I'm with you on the look of a 200SX with the RB Boss kit - I found out about these kits after I changed my 200 for the Zed. If I had known, I'd have not sold it on and gone proper Boss on it and done a LS v8 conversion as well :teeth:

Most of the suggestions are good and some I haven't thought about. The mps 3 is neat but not quirky enough, Didn't think about a DC5, I had a prelude vtec that I loved so could be tempted back.

As for the 200sx, it was the top of the list but factoring in they cost £6.5K and the body kit is £2K (gram styling so would need major work to fit) and then the VQ35 engine swap takes it out of budget and I really should have two project cars when I am still working on the 350Z.

The GT86 can fit child seats in the back or so says youtube, the 200sx though would not be iso fittings so not as safe.

I like your thinking though. Most people with 2 cars have a project/track/show car and a daily driver/family wagon. Your making your family wagon another project on top of your zed lol

More man points than that wee Hyundai that's for sure :lol:

If you go down the gt86 route check the boot size. You need more space than you think. Our pram is probably bigger than a gt86 lol