350z to a 370z - Worth it?

secretstar07979

Was going to say - the real performance VXs are the NAs (which come with stiffer suspension and track orientation from factory compared to turbo) with supercharger conversions - a true definition of a missile on wheels ;)

I totally disagree, Opel has no brand identity, no (meaningful) heritage and no legendary sports cars that anyone cares about,

Perhaps it's time for a disclaimer. I'm an Opel hater, I always hated Vauxhall, blame the Nova SR. Every good thing Vauxhall ever did was because Lotus helped them (Carlton, VX220, etc). I'm only interested in mad cars, and Opel hasn't really ever made one

Mmmm, seems i am getting at you again, but i shall correct you, no legendary sports cars that YOU care about and as for mad cars, you may have forgotten about the HSR Chevette and Manta 400 amongst others, if they werent mad, nothing was:

I totally disagree, Opel has no brand identity, no (meaningful) heritage and no legendary sports cars that anyone cares about,

Perhaps it's time for a disclaimer. I'm an Opel hater, I always hated Vauxhall, blame the Nova SR. Every good thing Vauxhall ever did was because Lotus helped them (Carlton, VX220, etc). I'm only interested in mad cars, and Opel hasn't really ever made one

Mmmm, seems i am getting at you again, but i shall correct you, no legendary sports cars that YOU care about and as for mad cars, you may have forgotten about the HSR Chevette and Manta 400 amongst others, if they werent mad, nothing was:

I see your mad cars, I hadn't forgotten the manta, and I raise you a Datsun 240z, a Datsun 510, any Nissan skyline, any other zed car, Silvia s13 to s15, the new gtr range and the coolest little Suv around, the juke. By the way, I see no mad road cars...?

Thanks for the education, honestly, I definitely know precious little about Vauxhall, but I still feel they are not a patch on Nissan.

Edited by Aashenfox

You like the Juke but dis Vauxhall? mmm

You DON'T like the Juke? Have you no soul, man?? :lol:

As stated, I like character in a car, same reason I didn't love my absolutely EPIC 335xi. It went like stink with 400hp and AWD, and in my opinion is one of the best looking cars on the road, period (E92), but it never made my special place tingle like the 9k rev limit of the S2000 did and infinitely progressive driftability, or unmistakeable v6 warble at 4k+ of the 350Z do. That should explain it I reckon. :)

Edited by Aashenfox

I see your mad cars, I hadn't forgotten the manta, and I raise you a Datsun 240z, a Datsun 510, any Nissan skyline, any other zed car, Silvia s13 to s15, the new gtr range and the coolest little Suv around, the juke. By the way, I see no mad road cars...?

Thanks for the education, honestly, I definitely know precious little about Vauxhall, but I still feel they are not a patch on Nissan.

It wasnt a competition :teeth: i was just saying Vauxhall/Opel often slide under the radar, they have made some mad cars and do have a well regarded motorsport heritage, albeit in the past. :surrender:

I wonder what a car would look like if you got the horrific front end of a Juke and the horrific back end of a Civic Type R and put them together. Got to be some photoshop masters out there to create that monstrosity! :lol:

Vauxhaul Magnum 2.3 1973–1978 - so underated (great sleeper) few mods and this was epic fun (allowing for mid 70's handling) :lol:

Theres a blast from the past......my auld man had one in the early 80's, unfortunately it was bought at an auction and quickly became a heap of rust lol. Still remember my mum going ape @*!# at my dad for buying it

I'd 100% use a Juke as a daily. Great looking cars :D

Be awesome once you've lowered it a few foot!

12424645_1274924815857163_451376697_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTE5OTMyNzU2NzAxMjgzNTc2Ng%3D%3D.2

+1 on the Juke, there are a few Nismo's knocking round here and the more I see them the more I like them.

Ah, I must be growing up....

It wasnt a competition :teeth: i was just saying Vauxhall/Opel often slide under the radar, they have made some mad cars and do have a well regarded motorsport heritage, albeit in the past. :surrender:

Didn't mean to come off aggressive, but it was a competition, right from the moment that Strudul said it was a stretch to dis vauxhall while owning a nissan, I was posting under that context, sorry for the misunderstanding :)

Yeh, they seem content for the last 30 years to just be 'an average car maker' and that's where my derision comes from. I can think of no worse insult than being called 'average'.

I'd 100% use a Juke as a daily. Great looking cars :D

Be awesome once you've lowered it a few foot!

12424645_1274924815857163_451376697_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTE5OTMyNzU2NzAxMjgzNTc2Ng%3D%3D.2

I can't see that image (corporate block), so I've no idea what it is of, but I was gonna say... LOWER IT?? I'd RAISE it! And put proper off road beadlocks on it, I don't care if it's front wheel drive and wouldn't get through a playground sand pit. :p

EDIT: Now I'm home I can see it, cool Juke!! I want!

EDIT: Here's a lifted one. :)

Juke.jpg

Edited by Aashenfox