soft top or not gt pack or not mmm

slydog

ohhhh ive never been one for making quick decisions lol . now ive realised i defo want a 350z i am now in a headache about . year model and most of all soft top or not mmm . theres a georgeous soft to just down the road from me its mint on a 2005 . but no gt pack . has uprated stereo etc etc and rays rims . new mohair roof and all the receits . looks gorgeous but . not a gt . argggg decisions

If im honest, I wasn't really interested in the GT when I got mine.

Heard the leather seats are less grippy than the cloth and im not a fan of heated seats, the sat nav is pants, I never use cruise control and the Bose was a bit sensitive to things like turning it on, being cold, being warm or if the day had a Y in it.

Oh and the not making quick decisions is a good thing when buying a Z ;) Buy with your head and not your heart. Find the right one that's been looked after, there are a few member cars up for sale at the moment i'd start there.

Edit:

Like this one for example

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/113965-2006-350z-gt-facelift-71k-price-drop-7050/#entry1697601

Edited by Willsy1980

If im honest, I wasn't really interested in the GT when I got mine.

Heard the leather seats are less grippy than the cloth and im not a fan of heated seats, the sat nav is pants, I never use cruise control and the Bose was a bit sensitive to things like turning it on, being cold, being warm or if the day had a Y in it.

Oh and the not making quick decisions is a good thing when buying a Z ;) Buy with your head and not your heart. Find the right one that's been looked after, there are a few member cars up for sale at the moment i'd start there.

Edit:

Like this one for example

http://www.350z-uk.c...0/#entry1697601

yea thats the thing i dont ever use cruise control etc and to be honest in our kuga etc i dont ever touch the steering wheel controls mmmm . il give it some thought like you say i dont wanna jump in

Personally I`m not a fan of soft tops. I don`t think we get enough nice weather in this country to make it worthwhile having to put up without a proper roof over your head just for the odd few occasions when you might get it down.

If I was abroad with the sun out and the roof down everyday I`d probably have one.

Personally I`m not a fan of soft tops. I don`t think we get enough nice weather in this country to make it worthwhile having to put up without a proper roof over your head just for the odd few occasions when you might get it down.

If I was abroad with the sun out and the roof down everyday I`d probably have one.

yep theres also that to think about . and if the motor goes south thats expensive mmm

I just got a roadster last week. Absolutely loving it. It's warm in the cabin when you have the windows up and the roof down. Might change my tune in winter but when they sun is out, the roof is down and the V6 is howling through that Cobra system, it's happy days.

• Like 1

If you want a soft top and are going to have the roof down if it isn't raining, (A sunny winter's day for example), then you really should get heated seats for that extra bit of warmth.

Edited by Paddy78

Personally I would say get the gt pack with the extras. The price difference now is minimal and will help you sell on in years to come if you decide to.

There will be a time when your on a long run and cruise control would be good. Sat nav isn't great so don't worry about that bit. Im pretty sure brembos are part of the gt pack, again they will be better and are more popular.

As for soft top vs coupe... If it was winter time I'd be hunting for a soft top at a reduced price. With summer around the corner convertibles are starting to rise in price a little, so move quickly but be smart if you want one.

The forum is great for any info should you get one with issues. Generally they are very reliable and the engines are strong. So if the engine sounds sweet and it drives sweet then your onto a winner.

Oh and as for the year/variant...

2004 - DE engine 276 bhp cheap tax

2005 - DE Revup engine, 296 bhp I think. Drink oil sometimes but equally reliable and a little more power.

2007 onwards - HR engine, 313 bhp and more changes inside and out.

Remember the tax bands changed in March of 2006, so anything after that is 500quid a year. Before the change its a lot less (can't remember exactly)

Mine was a 350z HR GT Roadster. I had the roof down nearly every time I went out in it, regardless of whether it was warm or cold. You could turn the heaters on if it was an icy cold day and you`d be driving along in a bubble of hot air. It was great.

Whilst mine was the GT I didnt actively look out for a GT. I just wanted an HR and at the time there was only a couple for sale within 100 miles of my house so choice was limited.

I did use the cruise control a lot as a lot of my daily journey is on a 70mph SPECS camera road. But had a non GT one turned up id have been just as happy with that. The bose system wasnt great. The leather seats were good.

The dealers did push the GT pack very heavily when selling the cars and sort of sold it that it would help owners keep some value in their cars, so in general there seem to be more GT cars out there than non GT.

Good advice about the GT holding the value and selling better. When I was looking, I didn't even consider not having a GT. Keep looking and go for the GT :)

Agreed, when I was looking I ruled out any car that wasn't a GT, although saying that it seemed to be hard to find any non-GT cars at the same time.

The majority of the uk cars are the gt spec. I never knew there was a standard UK without the gt bits. I presumed if it was a zed and didn't have leathers/brembos etc then it was most likely an import.

Thanks people what a great bunch of people on this forum .actul replies and in detail.im searching as we speak.

Can always post a link and ask opinions on anything that your going to see. You never know it may be a car known to someone here.

The majority of the uk cars are the gt spec. I never knew there was a standard UK without the gt bits. I presumed if it was a zed and didn't have leathers/brembos etc then it was most likely an import.

You're half right, Brembos were standard on all UK cars whether GT or not.

• Like 1

All I got from my MR2 Targa top days was wind/sun burn on the top of my (bald) head.

Came to the conclusion that drop tops weren't really worth it after that :)

Nah, totally worth it :)

Last 2 days have been superb. Top down, tunes up and hit the B roads.

Got my new tyres scrubbed in nice now :)

Edited by Willsy1980

Soft tips are a pain. The Mrs has one on her fiat. Can't park under the tree because of the sap, cat try's to claw it, roof can only be hosed not scrubbed, the cabin is loud, with the roof open the sun can be blinding. It's not open very often because our weather is rubbish.

Both she and I agree we should have got her a hardtop. In terms of which model defo go for a GT and I'd try and get one with the newer interior.