Straight line race

secretstar07979

Your man in his charged 370z had a tough pull on a stock 300bhp CTR a while back...............

I also remember a 350z driver having difficulty keeping up with a Mk2 Fabia VRS , you need a lot of extra horsepower to make a difference on the road

• Like 1

On the road there's only one thing that matters. Balls. Nothing else. Every single car on the road will do 100mph (almost). I've been beaten by 19 year olds in Peugeots in the past, I'm not ashamed. If they want to risk their cheap tyres on an unknown road surface overtaking round the outside on a blind corner, then they're definitely going to have a HUGE advantage over me, at 40 years old with ever so slightly more fear and ever so slightly slower reflexes, and never being able to get past the thought of my girls growing up without a father. It cuts your cahones down to pea size and puts you at a massive disadvantage, but meh, I know I'm doing the right thing. You have to satisfy yourself with the old 'yeh, but I can powerslide round roundabouts, so neh ne neh ne neh neh'. :lol:

• Like 2

Regarding value for money on going forced.

It's terrible value for money. Lol.

And when you think, you could buy an Evo, open the bonnet, look at the engine, close it again and get a 50bhp increase, makes you question what you're doing, going FI.

But it's the fact that you love that particular car in the first place, the way it looks and sounds. Being there and noticing the difference each modification makes. And obviously the individuality.

I've never owned another car where people in car parks and petrol station forecourts will approach me to talk about it and ask me questions and my mate in his C63AMG and another mate in his 997.1 never get it.

Thumbs up, waves, people turning round to see what it is. I dare say people are more accustomed to a Euro V8 sound coming out of the back of an Audi or BMW than a Japanese V6.

Add to that the external wastegates, pops and bangs and turbo's spooling, you have quite a symphony.

I don't regret anything I've spent. Even with 430bhp and 370ib/ft it was nicely quick.

• Like 2

Regarding value for money on going forced.

It's terrible value for money. Lol.

Buying a pre-built one though... amazing value for money.

Congrats.

Managed to completely and utterly miss the point of my last post lol.

I've never owned another car where people in car parks and petrol station forecourts will approach me to talk about it and ask me questions and my mate in his C63AMG and another mate in his 997.1 never get it.

Always a factor for me, i can never express my mates faces when off to a track day, one in a brand new M3, the other in a brand new 911 Turbo and everyone was looking at my £6k 1992 Rx7 on the way there and when there, asking, what is, what hp has it got etc, with not a cursory glance at the latest and greatest.

On which car is that 430 bhp and 770Nm

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

A remapped 135i, its about the same as a 997 Turbo once youre off the line :)

Little bit odd relation of bhp to NM. I was thinking it was some turbo diesel. Similar set up on my side 3.6 liter engine twin turbo with 760nm but 640 bhp

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Congrats.

Managed to completely and utterly miss the point of my last post lol.

Not sure what I missed. Was just adding to a point you made.

The individuality to customising your own car. If someone else created it, you're just buying the end product.

Modifying has never represented value for money unfortunately.

But yes, you're right. Buying a pre modified car is value for money for the end user.

Yeah, wasn't disputing that, hence I didn't quote the whole thing, just that part.

Definitely benefits to DIY in terms of the experience and sense of achievement as well, but not sure it outweighs the cost.

Yep. To some it's insane.

My brother can't get his head around it at all. The car thing in general let alone modified scene.

When my Z's engine went after twin turbo installation he said just sell it for a grand and get an old banger that'll get you from A to B. You can only go 30 anyway!

Yet it's fine for him to drink 8 cans of Stella a night, spend 1000s on guitars and have a posh snooker stick.

On the road there's only one thing that matters. Balls. Nothing else. Every single car on the road will do 100mph (almost). I've been beaten by 19 year olds in Peugeots in the past, I'm not ashamed. If they want to risk their cheap tyres on an unknown road surface overtaking round the outside on a blind corner, then they're definitely going to have a HUGE advantage over me, at 40 years old with ever so slightly more fear and ever so slightly slower reflexes, and never being able to get past the thought of my girls growing up without a father. It cuts your cahones down to pea size and puts you at a massive disadvantage, but meh, I know I'm doing the right thing. You have to satisfy yourself with the old 'yeh, but I can powerslide round roundabouts, so neh ne neh ne neh neh'. :lol:

^^This +1

I'm not a drag racer so pub talk figures mean nothing.

However I do like corners, hence the reason I'm buying an Elise. When your backside is on the tarmac 60mph feels like a ton :)

Edited by Zeezeebaba