Embarrassing entrance...... Post 350z tale....

jonathan73

As you know my GT4 was bought in January and while I was sad to say goodbye to it, I felt it right for me to do so.

For those that don't know, I got a 5 litre V10 VW Touareg to put the smile back on my face. OK so it's not 350z performance (0-60 in 7.5) but comfort and luxury are significantly better.

I've joined the UK Touareg forum with an embarrassing tale, thought you might want a giggle too! :blush:

http://www.mytreg.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5271

Not trying that again :surrender:

As you know my GT4 was bought in January and while I was sad to say goodbye to it, I felt it right for me to do so.

For those that don't know, I got a 5 litre V10 VW Touareg to put the smile back on my face. OK so it's not 350z performance (0-60 in 7.5) but comfort and luxury are significantly better.

I've joined the UK Touareg forum with an embarrassing tale, thought you might want a giggle too! :blush:

http://www.mytreg.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5271

Not trying that again :surrender:

:lol::lol::lol: Top way to introduce yourself, bud!

:blush::blush: I don't know what's more embarrassing::lol:

1. Getting stuck and my Bro gloating in his Shogun. But, he borrowed it for 2 days and has now bought one - I guess he was impressed.

2. having to be rescued by a 30yr old Land Rover

3. Telling the Touareg forum (at least it shows I've got a sense of humour? Somewhere).

Hope to see you guys in Chester soon. :thumbs:

On the one hand, you've got a 30 year old Land Rover that was designed for farmers, forresters, park rangers and military service that can really go anywhere, do anything. Then on the other, you've got a car designed for shopping! :lol: I for one am impressed you got it as far into the woods as you did, I always thought they'd break down going through a puddle!

I'm impressed that you got that far on road tyres.

That is the limiting factor in these 'chelsea tractors' is the tyres. That is why most can perform so well on the road, they are designed to run road tyres!

Landie Defenders on mud tyres will out perform anything offroad but the road handling will suffer!

After looking solely at the first picture I thought you'd done some damage to the front wheel cos it looks at a crazy angle and distance from the wheel arch! As for finding a vehicles limits, at least with a 4x4 you find your limit by getting it stuck in mud. Guess with the Z you find them by getting it stuck in a tree/barrier/choose your solid obstacle.

That has made my day - you silly bugger! I'd have been worried about it getting scratched never mind left in the woods in a bog! did you see any nice boys with banjos and missing teeth? :lol:

Must dash anyway - off to buy a 30 year old landrover - best advert i've ever seen for those! :lol: