And it's goodbye from me

Robchriscross

Only had the Z for 20 months but have decided to get something more practical and a little less to run as a weekend car will miss the Z it's hard to describe but it feels special to drive anyway on to the newer German whip bmw m135i if anyone's interested in the Z it'll be up for sale in Harrogate good low mileage example thanks for having me 😀

12796899cdfa4f93ddf71c4bb802102a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Interesting... I have had the total opposite outcome. Looked at a M135i but thought it wasn't special enough to get rid of my 350z for. (Ended up with an XKR)

Different strokes for different folks though - enjoy it!

Edited by Commander
  • Like 1

Interesting... I have had the total opposite outcome. Looked at a M135i but thought it wasn't special enough to get rid of my 350z for. (Ended up with an XKR)

Different strokes for different folks though - enjoy it!

Fully agree the M135i cannot be compared to an XKR, but that is it, they both cover very different markets very well.

For us an XKR would be totally impractical we were looking for a different type of car as I guess Robchriscross was.

The M135i is only a replacement for my wifes 118d.

We need a load lugger that has to fit in a dog and all its bits, 2 sets of golf clubs, enough clothes for 6 months and about 30 pairs of my wife's shoes, for our winter 6 months and then drive all the way to Southern Spain, whilst also being small enough for my wife to drive to the shops around the small Dorset lanes.

Then on the return from Spain in addition, also be able to carry 60 bottles of fine Spanish wine back to the UK for our summer needs :lol:

An XKR could never do that, in fact from a fuel perspective we would spend so much time filling the car up on the trip down to Spain we would need a mortgage. Our friend sold one, it was always in the garage.....just filling up!

Back to the M135i, we just wanted to update and upgrade.

Then it comes down to value for money.

We now have a BMW AUC 326BHP load lugger, with a superb 8 speed auto box, coral red leather which certainly improves the feeling of the car inside. A 14 month old car, with 12,000 miles, brand new tyres fitted by BMW and serviced, all for a smidgen over £22K

That for me is a pretty good "Bang for your Buck" as they say.

It will not replace either Rosie or my 1968 Pagoda but it will be a hard choice when I open the garage as to which to take out, whether the sun is shining or not will probably be the rule B)

As they say "different strokes for different folks though" :thumbs: