New Addition

jumping350

Il try and keep this brief but a bit of a story to it so il bullet point it to make things quicker.

-Snapped Achillies Tendon - havent walked/driven for 6 months will slowly be coming back but told in my physios own words ' no you cant **** around with cars or lift heavy things till sometime in 2018!!!')

-Subaru has run out of tax/mot and needs a lot doing to it to get it where I want, which now I cant do until 2018!!

-Lost love of Subaru now and bored of it, been there done it, tick the box and move on i think - will strip it of good parts put back to standard and then sell it cheap running as a track car or someones project

-350z S/C is staying but a bit too brutal to go straight back in and learn to drive after a snapped tendon especially being my right leg

-Decided to get a runabout already done/modded but still a bit unique in looks but some other mug has done the work :lol:

-Also was highly unsure of what to get thats cheapish but still a good laugh but wanted to get something that will motivate my rehab and help get me focussed on training and recovering quicker

-Mainly it ticked all my childhood boxes, always wanted a black car, always wanted a convertible but not a ragtop, needed to look mean

Slight issue is I now have 3 cars and one leg and I cant drive any of them so my man maths hasnt quite worked out here :lol:

Enter the new daily driver...............

s-l1600%201_zpsboqkp6yh.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks guys il get some more pics later on today as the sun is out, my mate took me out in it yesterday and he has fallen in love with it now and even tried offering his banged up land rover as a swap :lol: nippy little things on the revs though!

Edited by jumping350

I like. Even the wing suits it.

Yeah I was 50/50 with the wing but its actually growing on me and does suit the car,, in real life its not as big as you think which is good, but can take it off from the mounts (leaving mounts on boot) if I choose but not sure yet. Good to have the option though

What do you reckon forum big wing or no big wing?

• 4 weeks later...

Not really done much as my leg is still on the mend, but managed to drop in my carbon front upper strut bar today...found it in the boot ...result!

20170429_171855_zpsmdz6hny4.jpg

Also removed the big spoiler today to spray it gloss black to match car as its still in a dull base colour and next on the list is to remove the 16 year old Sony stereo with 10 disc changer :lol:

Edited by jumping350

• 2 weeks later...

My mate took my Mazda out the other night for a spirited drive and slipped off the edge of seat and banged his head on the inside window/hardtop :wacko:

Enter a set of Cobra Imolas (I test fitted them and they are more comfy than I imagined, although I looked like a complete knob trying to get out of them with one busted leg)!

and I said I wouldnt do any mods to this one :headhurt:

s-l1600111111_zps0m85vnrj.jpg

Edited by jumping350
  • Like 1

This is a safety related mod so it's fine.... :lol:

Nice looking seats (and car!)

Thanks bud! Thats what I keep saying with every mod I do :lol: including the roll bar im considering now.

I must say though modding the Mazda is a lot cheaper affair than the Zed :wacko: luckily im pretty much complete on that front with zeditis

Edited by jumping350

• 4 weeks later...

Ive been wrestling with those seats to get them in but finally managed it and also decided to fit an alarm and central locking which was a nightmare but happier its got something now instead of nothing ....pics to follow.....

What im really excited about is a mod that im probably the only one with (I thought the modding would stop but couldn't pass this up), I get comments about my front bumper all the time as its some JDM unicorn stuff but this will take it to the next level

Let me introduce you to the only targa top for a mx5 that is known ...over here anyway, its a bit beat up paint wise and seals need replacing which I have most already but nothing I cant fix/get and bring back to life, its structurally sound, no dents and looks oem and fits perfectly so some R&D has gone into this but has been sitting in someones garage for last 2 years ready to be restored, its another JDM mystery it seems

s-l1600500_zpsb5a2lizx.jpg

Edited by jumping350
  • Like 1

a few pics from recent mods

some of the nightmare wiring for alarm

20170601_151146_zpsu7urbvkn.jpg

Cobra Imolas finally in with the doors being able to shut!

20170610_183602_zps8g3k9z7k.jpg

Never had a convertible and first time I put the roof down so thought I would throw a pic in, thought it would look odd with roof down but its ok in my eyes

20170610_174458_zpsceqoiuf1.jpg

and the final piece of the puzzle...tagra time!

20170610_173908_zpsp6kztwcs.jpg