350z OC Forum down ??

djtimo

knowing how much scripting work has gone into this site, and the inevitable little problems that get thrown up, I can understand how easy it is to end up with errors in php.

The standard software out there, whatever version never has all the features an individual site would like, just the basic one fits all solution, and a certain level of modification will be needed. The modifications are rarely all written by one company/person, so never seem to quite get along with one another so you have to modify the modifications. Then when you install another modification, you have to revisit your original modifocation and modify it again...

When you get to a dozen or so modifications, it can become quite a headache beleive me. :lol:

Feel sorry for the chap doing the coding, as its probably been a bit of a ball ache to fix.

Feel sorry for the chap doing the coding, as its probably been a bit of a ball ache to fix.

+1 - I do it for a living, just not for the web. But that is what a mirror site is for, hosted somewhere in the depths away from prying eyes to try these things out on first. Of course if they did that and the real site had something different to the test site then thats something different. In that case they should roll back to the previous version before the change, the live site should never be down for long :thumbs:

it had nothing to do with subs.... like mentioned by others...some coding stuff gone wrong mayb...anyway.. all back and running now! most members and users did not know the direct address to the forum....those who did had no problems...those who tried getting in via the usual web addresses had a bit of a hard time...

anyway sorted now!