[Graphic] I Was Gonna Do The Exhaust Spacer Mod...

Strudul

Had thought about Nos, but decided against it (insurance issues) as technically my business owns it and it's on commercial fleet insurance. Don't think I'd have the guts or patience to do a engine swap in the Zed to a V8. There's a member on here doing it and it's been a very long drawn out affair and an endless money pit, but I take my hat to him for doing it, that reminds me I'll need to go check his thread to see how it's progressed.

Both my V8 and my V6 cars are basically straight through piped and they sound NOTHING like each other, two completely different engines, you'll never get V8 burble sound from a Zeds V6 and when you decat it's gona get a whole lot more high pitched and raspy WOT. Doing a drive by in my V8 you can feel the noise vibrations going through you, and even managed to get a bollocking from people in houses as it rattles their windows :oops: never had that effect from the Zed.

As your being selective about the sound / noise you want then I would suggest going down the cat back custom route or Y pipe back with a Stillen Y pipe. A good custom exhaust maker will be able to get you as close to the sound you are looking for.

Yeah, I know I'll never get a V8 sound from a V6 (uneven firing pattern / no replacement for displacement ;)), and I don't want something that sounds fake, but I'd like similar features. :happy:

What's your V8 btw?

hmm....my Motordyne tdx v2 and Art pipes has a deep note that kinda shifts from V6 towards a V8 or at least that is how I find it...
  • Like 1

As for the fox remains a good jetwash underneath should hopefully clear the mess.

Anything to be careful of under there?

Would I be okay to use the Karcher Dirt blaster lance or should I stick with the normal one?