So the laws of the road are changing

DaddyCee

Completely agree with you again but, ...this is how Britain is unfortunately.

Some idiot does something, the papers go mental over it, petitions launched etc, eventually gets discussed by some over paid individuals who have no idea about the real world and suddenly it's the law of the land. Bit more to it than that but you get the gist. :dry:

Just look at the handgun laws which came into force in 1996 after the appalling Dunblane massacre. Started because some nutcase went and shot a load of kids. Doesn't mean every handgun owner in the UK would do that but still the majority lost out because of his actions.

And now I can't even take a pen on a plane :lol:

• Like 1

Only just caught up on this article, from now on I will be driving everywhere at 20 due to there being lots of 20 zones in my area (can Z's actually go as low as 20?). Is there a fine for dangerous driving due to going too slow?

Call me an idealist, but I want to believe that they are thinking as I do, simply that the deterrents were not big enough to hurt the rich.

If you lose 75% of one week is it really going to make you stop? A football player on £150k a week might have to tell his tailor to hold the suit for a week or two extra, or put of buying his Bentley continental until the week after.... Not really going to change much there is it?

A much harsher points system would probably have more merit. Money is really a nonsense as driving habits are related to the drivers personality not their salary.

If it nets more revenue, its a great thing I suppose, as Ekona says, if your stupid enough to get caught etc

But if its designed to deter people from speeding, its just a nonsense (and they know this) same as the new mobile phone use laws, the odd person that use a mobile phone might stop, but if you actually want to deter people from using a mobile, instant ban and huge fine, its not rocket science.

Problem is, the less people using the roads, the less revenue they get, fuel, ved, insurance tax etc

I would bet in the next few years the points available goes up from 12 to whatever.

Only just caught up on this article, from now on I will be driving everywhere at 20 due to there being lots of 20 zones in my area (can Z's actually go as low as 20?). Is there a fine for dangerous driving due to going too slow?

Yes,it's called driving without reasonable consideration for other road users, code CD20, up to £2500 & 3-9 points on your licence.

Potentially getting a crippling fine for doing 31 in a 30, even when never using a phone while driving, always giving the correct right of way, indicating everywhere and being in the correct lane. Can't agree with that somehow. Bad driving causes accidents, not speeding, but only one of those can be policed while the bobbies are sitting on their backsides!

Absolutely, I wish they would start to punish, middle lane morons, tailgating, lack of indication with the same enthusiasm and penalties. I have no idea why they dont to be honest.

You can add using fog lights when there is no fog to that list, people who flash and beep at you after you overtake them legally & people who swear at you after they do something wrong like cut you up. :dry::thumbdown:

We should have a system like YBF where you can send in video clips of bad drivers (from your dashcam etc). They will be adjudicated and if disciplinary action is taken against the driver you get £250 in the post :happy:

Edited by Strudul
  • Like 1