New Civic Type-R

Ekona

Saw a few of these now. You see the front and think hmmm this has potential. Then you get to the side and feel your breakfast wanting to come back out. By the time you reach the back your ready to hurl :yuck:

Reminds me of this old corolla

$_86.JPG

Saw a few of these now. You see the front and think hmmm this has potential. Then you get to the side and feel your breakfast wanting to come back out. By the time you reach the back your ready to hurl :yuck:

Reminds me of this old corolla

$_86.JPG

always had a soft sport for that shape corolla well the 3 door more when i was 17-18 and wants an realistic alternative to the wash of zetec-s and vtr etc i really wanted the G6R version made to commemorate the WRC one but with only 300 odd made for europe it was hard most had been scrapped or crashed in the UK :(

6272aas-960.jpg

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

I remember diehard Skyline fans calling the R35 ugly when it was launched, owners of the older models called the 2017 model hideous as well

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/115736-r35-ugly-sin-can-i-beat.html

I hated the current Type R but the more I see it i like it , I'm guessing this will grow on people as well but ultimately if you don't like it don't buy one

I agree actually, this new one is already growing on me a bit, but not enough. The FN2 I thought looked ridiculous when it came out, like a spaceship, but it now looks quite understated. Then the FK, again I was like 'hm, how many diffusers?', but now this thing has made it look quite tame and I find myself liking the current model enough to think about trying one in the future (especially the special black edition)

The problem with this car is as stated, it actually looks like stuff is protruding from the front, the lines don't quite work, it's like front end is from a long wheelbase saloon and rear end from a short wheelbase hatch.

Edited by Aashenfox

I remember diehard Skyline fans calling the R35 ugly when it was launched, owners of the older models called the 2017 model hideous as well

They're right on both accounts though ;)

Your not wrong, only a mother could love that :)

Dan or the Gtr?