My exhaust sounds funny.

KyleR

Anyone see anything wrong? :lol:

3CD33B75-0EA4-4787-90D9-861848D8D3E6.jpg

Got into the car last night and as soon as I started it I could hear a blow, it sounded like it was from a Flexi, which seemed strange because I only fitted the Nismo a couple of months ago and the flexis were fine. So when I got back I took a look under the car and found that sight :S It has me puzzled a bit because I figure if I didn't torque the bolts up enough then they could have worked loose, but surely I would have heard a blow a long time ago and it gradually getting worse?

I've checked the other 6 nuts and bolts and they all seem fine, so ordered a new 3" gasket and when it arrives I'll put it back together again. The bolts were A4-70 stainless and the nuts A4-80 stainless, so they should be more than capable of the minor stress put on them under load and heat shouldn't be an issue either to cause them to snap. :shrug:

• Like 1

Hhhmm seems funny to me that both have gone like that as well as you mentioned you not noticing a difference over a period of time. :dry:

Where was it parked? Could it be that some scum bag has pinched them for their own Zed to save a few quid?!

Unlikely as it would seem some people are just that scummy to do that as I've experienced with lots of smaller items stolen from my cars over the years. :rant:

As examples; bee sting aerial (from my Seat Ibiza SXi), mudflaps and a rear spoiler (from my Corsa Sport) etc etc

This is odd but its a bit of an effort just for some bolts dont you think? I mean unless you park on a set of ramps at night then the perps would have to jack the car up in the air then have the correct tools in their pockets to then climb under and get them off then jack the car back down. Are the jacking points still structurally sound? If so then they would have needed a jack that wouldve fitted the zed and this is unlikely that the generic scumbag robber has the exact correct tools for the job. Surely they will make more money out of jacking the car up and stealing the wheels. If they have gone to the lengths of finding the correct jack it would be a piece of cake to find a locking wheel nut key if you have lockers.

Not discounting it, just seems a bit much of an effort just for some bolts, surely they wouldve robbed the Y-pipe, cats, rest of the system etc.

:lol:

I can't even fit my arm under the car, nevermind see to remove bolts, so on top of jacking the car up to get under it, they'd have to drive the car onto wood blocks or similar to fit a jack under the skirts. In conclusion, there's no way they were nicked.

It probably did get progressively louder without me noticing or just not paying attention, then after not driving for 10 days or so I noticed. Strange though, even if they did slowly come apart, both at the same time :wacko:

Edited by KyleR
  • Like 1

It probably did get progressively louder without me noticing or just not paying attention, then after not driving for 10 days or so I noticed. Strange though, even if they did slowly come apart, both at the same time :confused:

Maybe add some "Loctite" to the next set of bolts just to make sure they don't come loose as well. ;)

It probably did get progressively louder without me noticing or just not paying attention, then after not driving for 10 days or so I noticed. Strange though, even if they did slowly come apart, both at the same time :confused:

Maybe add some "Loctite" to the next set of bolts just to make sure they don't come loose as well. ;)

Was thinking that, or more likely Gorilla Glue, but would the heat not break it up quite quickly?

Was thinking that, or more likely Gorilla Glue, but would the heat not break it up quite quickly?

Something like Loctite 638 would be fine as it has high temperature resistance. ;)

Link: https://www.bearing-king.co.uk/bearing/loctite-638-high-strength-fast-cure-10ml/16252

• Like 1