Alien: Covenant. Spoilers if you haven't seen Promethius.

TT350

Looking forward to to this in May.

Seems the 'original' alien is back, too.

At the end of Promethius the alien was nothing like the Alien we're used to. It was grey with a pointy head and a tongue instead of innerjaws.

Edited by TT350

This looks great, Prometheus had so much promise but ultimately I felt it was a let down, the plot was awkward and some of the characters actions seemed to make no sense. Awesome to see the original H.R. Giger alien back too.

Edited by nimz

Me and the boss routinely use the term "Lieutenant Gorman" when we see people talk the talk about how good they are, how they'd change this that and the other, but when thrown into real life under pressure all you get is umming and arring!

"Well......There goes another Lt. Gorman" :lol:

This looks great, Prometheus had so much promise but ultimately I felt it was a let down, the plot was awkward and some of the characters actions seemed to make no sense. Awesome to see the original H.R. Giger alien back too.

Some of the concept art/stills from the set have shown a slightly different alien to the original designs which is cool, but they do look lot better than the prometheus affair (and at least at the end of the trailer those jaws are quite recognisable...)

Alien 3 needs to be watched as the DC version, else it's a little dull and silly. Aliens, on the other hand, is just made more awesome with the DC.

I quite like Alien Res, but I acknowledge that it's a pretty poor Alien film. Doesn't mean I don't secretly enjoy watching it though...

Me and the boss routinely use the term "Lieutenant Gorman" when we see people talk the talk about how good they are, how they'd change this that and the other, but when thrown into real life under pressure all you get is umming and arring!

"Well......There goes another Lt. Gorman" :lol:

Don't forget though - Gorman redeemed himself at the end.

Alien 3 needs to be watched as the DC version, else it's a little dull and silly. Aliens, on the other hand, is just made more awesome with the DC.

I quite like Alien Res, but I acknowledge that it's a pretty poor Alien film. Doesn't mean I don't secretly enjoy watching it though...

Alien 3 DC totally transforms the film.

Oh man, those rifles are mint! I'd love one of those, how comes you ended up with two?

I didn't expect A3 DC to make as much of a difference as it did, if I'm honest. It went from okay but weird to a work of genius.

That's actually just one. The other day I placed an order for another run Hollywood Collectibles were doing but realised that it was completely resin so I cancelled it. The one I have is metal and only 750 were made.

A3DC made so much more sense than the theatrical. I haven't seen it in a while. Might watch it.

At the end of Promethius the alien was nothing like the Alien we're used to. It was grey with a pointy head and a tongue instead of innerjaws.

The resulting alien depends on which species hosted it. For example, the alien in alien 3 was from a dog and had a clear doggy genetic predisposition, also, the alien spawned from a predator had predator type jaws as well as alien type jaws. Lastly, the face hugger in Prometheus was obviously not exactly the same species as the face huggers produced by queens bred with humans.

The predators had realised that to get the greatest challenge, the alien must be hosted by humans (hence the Queen in AvP is clearly a human bred alien). I liked prometheus, and thought that as a prototype alien, they did really well (look at prototype dinosaurs, all pointy headed and awkward looking, far removed from the svelte velociraptors and T-Rexes). I find it a very believeable and appropriate evolution. A LOT of years passed between the end of Prometheus and the beginning of Alien, more than enough time for such a rapidly adapting species to evolve.

The resulting alien depends on which species hosted it.

I know :-)

And originally the Alien in Alien 3 came out of an Ox.

Just saying, it was so far detached from any alien seen before. The one in covenant is what we're used to.

There's allsorts of theories as to where the Alien came from. Biological weapon is the official story.

Before Promethius people liked to say the Predator captured and used them for hunts.

Edited by TT350

Before Promethius people liked to say the Predator captured and used them for hunts.

You've seen AvP right? Sorry if I misunderstood what you were getting at.

Yeah but I'm going back before the AvP films and talking about the comics etc when stuff like that was just speculation and fan fiction.

I as just thinking about Alien 3.

It really did have some good things going for it. I think the only thing that hindred it was the success of the first two.

I liked the set. Particularly the gothic. The showers, bathrooms abattoir and morgue were victorian but it all just seemed to go together. P