DEALERS

nissanjuke

SEEN a nice 370z roadster priced at 14895,auto with 46.000 miles,popped in to have a look, in nice condition visually,but i it needed 2 new tyres and half of the exhaust was rotten.

so I am looking to upgrade, maybe its worth a bit of haggling, they checked my car out from head to toe,they could not find anything wrong, my car is mint!, but to my dismay they said sorry to insult you, we would only take this car to auction as it is too old for us.

has anybody else had this sort of experience,as i was really pi**ed off with them, what an insult to 350zeds. :rant::angry:

their way of getting your car on the cheap and pay you peanuts for it so they can increase the profit on it...look somewhere else,go private sale,as you probably know the trade in price will always be poor

• Like 1

As above. A main dealer will not put anything 5-6+ years old on their forecourt so it will go straight to auction. Selling privately is usually the most cost effective way :)

I bought my 9.5 year old MY07 Z from the forecourt of a main dealer...

bought mine off ebay private seller - didnt even view it beforehand

deposited 10k via bacs and went to pick it up a week later

sold my old car to a dealer on the way to pickup the Z - my last exposure thankfully

looking back....

having said that - no issues with the private seller route

initially Z views,in my experience, were just flipped auction cars - you may as well goto auctions yourself and take the risk rather than paying over £1k for the privilege of a valet

Edited by KUGT4

You never see a poor motor dealer :D

Not unless they lose the franchise. The main Honda dealer around here, 2 Mills, lost their franchise a couple of years ago and shortly after closed down. They'd been there for donkeys years (at least 50) and had been selling Hondas since the 1980's. I think its a furniture shop now.

http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/news/local-news/two-mills-honda-stripped-branding-5172668

Pete

Edited by JetSet

City motor holdings in Basingstoke went to the administrators a couple of months back. The franchise included Ford and Honda with both having been in the town for years. Another Ford franchise has taken the premises on but Honda has gone. I have noticed an increase in used stock over the last ten years or so on most forecourts.

Yeah, one of the places I visited to test drive a 350Z has also closed. Red Rose Motors in Chester were the main dealers for Nissan but lost the franchise around 2006. Red Rose had been there ever since I can remember (mid 60's) and were well known as they ran their own racing team for many years. When I had my Lotus I used to get parts for it from them as they were the main Renault dealers back in the 70's, my Europa had a 1470 cc Renault engine in it :) . I think they switched to Suzuki for a while but a quick look on google maps shows their premises to be abandoned now.

Pete

• Like 1