22 MPG

secretstar07979

27 mpg mix of urban and m-way. That DTE! always going up and when you're nearly empty since the fuel reading keeps going up and down depending on how hard you put your foot down!

Anyone noticed any difference with MPG with premium fuel?

are you using non-premium?

• 2 weeks later...

I've had mine almost a month now. To start with despite the weather I was 'enjoying' the new experience and seeing 18. Then I had a dry weekend and that pushed me down to 12. Since then I had a decent mw spell and have started to drive it less like a brand new toy (and more my age) so I've got the average back up to 25.

Luckily I don't care about the mpg. I work only 7 miles away and the mrs gets 60mpg out of her car so the fuel bills balance out.

In terms of the display I show the outside temp. The clock is pointless because it's on the nav, the dte and mpg make me focus on economy and thus suck the joy out of the car so I don't look at them very often.

In terms of the display I show the outside temp. The clock is pointless because it's on the nav, the dte and mpg make me focus on economy and thus suck the joy out of the car so I don't look at them very often.

I set it to MPH. Assumed everyone else did too? The analogue speedo is soooo inaccurate.

So consistently wrong is better than possibly correct?

:lol:

Nah, the analogue one doesn't differ by that much unless you're going from being 4' tall and sitting two inches from the wheel to 7' and laying down drug dealer stylee! It's just an ordinary car, the angles do not differ by that much that it makes any difference whatsoever.

It's definitely more reassuring....

Can happily cruise through a 30 with the digi reading 32 or so. It's an acceptable tolerance that I could argue if I get caught.

If I just look at the analogue, it might seem that I'm doing 32, but could actually be doing 37, and it's much harder to argue that difference.

Though I think it's actually the other way round. It reads 30+ when I'm only doing 25, and I don't want to be going slower than I have to...

Much nicer to watch the digi when I'm setting the cruise control too.

Edited by Strudul

Managed to average 45.8 mpg in the Abarth while driving up the Highlands to visit relatives, plummets back down to mid 30's when back in stop / start Aberdeen. I don't even bother working out the 380's average, I drive it to enjoy it, not to worry about its economy.

Managed to get 475 miles showing on my dte after filling up and jumping on the dual carriageway. Only ever manage about 300-320 miles to a tank though 😸

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I regularly get 400-450 miles to a tank if I drive it down to empty, though that's 99% motorway at whatever speed everything else in lane 3 is doing with the Cruise Control on.

I kinda wanna behave and do a 500 mile tank so I can say I've done it, but god it'd be boring! :-/