Breath-taking dishonesty

Rock_Steady

I thought we only got the CA18DET here?

Correct, all SR20 cars were Silvias and 180SX's which we didnt get here, they all imported.

Digging deeper, the SR20 in the 180SX and GTi-R (redtop/straight cam) was different from the SR20 in the UKDM S14 (blacktop/bent cam) which had VVT :thumbs:

• Like 1

Talking about dishonesty. I'm pretty sure my car has a dodgy MOT. I saw my car in London and rang the dealer to tell him I was interested in the car and was coming down to view it the next day. He said he would get it MOT'd for me in the morning as I told him I wasn't buying a car with 3 months left on it. I got there to collect the car and low and behold it passed it's MOT with NO advisories......For a car of over 10 years old that's unheard of. I suspect it will probably fail massively next year!

Talking about dishonesty. I'm pretty sure my car has a dodgy MOT. I saw my car in London and rang the dealer to tell him I was interested in the car and was coming down to view it the next day. He said he would get it MOT'd for me in the morning as I told him I wasn't buying a car with 3 months left on it. I got there to collect the car and low and behold it passed it's MOT with NO advisories......For a car of over 10 years old that's unheard of. I suspect it will probably fail massively next year!

Not at all (see above).

I've had plenty of older cars and they don't always cause problems at MOT time especially the way I look after them. My Zed for example passed year on year with no advisories. ;)

Mine went through clear at 21 years old, remember an MoT is not a test of every nook and cranny, its a check list of mostly perishables. I always spend the day with my dad (car mechanic of 50 years) a week before and MoT going over my car with a fine tooth comb and changing out all the parts that look like they are on the way out. It's painful and a bit boring but its important.

• Like 1

My 24 year old 300ZX went through it's MOT in September without a single advisory. :thumbs:

• Like 1