to sell or not to sell :S

LDUNKZ18

I have a 04 de 350z, bought it in January and spent 4 months getting the bodywork and paintwork re done as the respray on it was shocking. done it solid white and i love how it looks. spent a good bit of cash on it over the time ive had it but i'm missing having a turbo and now im not sure if to sell to get an evo 8 or to keep and sc. the cost of supercharging it is pretty ridiculous ( £7.5k from horsham) when i could get the same power from an evo 8 and would cost maybe 13k at the most. I'd like to think i'd get 7k at least for my z

anyone sold their z and regretted it?

Anyone owned an evo that can compare the two?

i would try and do a swap/px for an evo if i could find an owner who wanted a z not sure if someone would go from evo to z tho.

i love the way the car drives overall but just the lack of boost makes it a bit less fun at times.

DSC_0940_zpspkkbh74g.jpg

• Like 1

Nice car...........Thought about the breathing mods and a remap ?. If done right you'll get 300bhp @ the fly and if that's still not enough how about nos. I've often thought about a FI car as all my cars are N/ A and personally for me the 7-8 k it costs for sc setup on the zed is not money well spent. That 8k can buy you a lot of Fi cars and there's a sc z on ebay atm, maybe worth having a look and buying an already sc one and selling your current zed.

I had both na and charged and dont regret selling either, in reality, even charged they are not unique/special or rare i.e it wouldnt take me long to find another. If your thinking a charged zed i would just buy one done, my old one is for sale on here and within the budget of the evo and i have to be honest, a charged one is a different level to na, try getting a ride in one.

As JP said, probably enough FI Zeds out there now for you to buy and save a % on the installation and set up costs.

Personally, I went from a Zed, to an NA VX220, to an R33 Skyline and now in a Celica GT-Four. Like you I do find the boost kick very addictive, when I find myself on a quiet road with a bit of room, I spool it up and childishly open it up and get a great big kick up the backside with all the noises which is great fun. Other people though prefer the lazy torque grunt of the V6 in the Zed. It really is what floats your boat, and it sounds like you are in the turbo camp and nothing wrong with that. I actually can't see me selling the Celica for some time...it ticks so many boxes.

04 DE is worth about £6K unless you find someone special.

Even if we assume you get £7K for yours, another £7.5K gets you to where you want to be. By the time you've bought the Evo at £13K you're talking a cost of £6K, and that assumes there's nothing wrong with it or that you don't decide to mod that too (yeah, right!). You're left with an unknown entity of a car that could be perfect or could be mullered, Is that worth it for the saving of £1.5K? You'll spend that on the extra fuel and servicing of an Evo in the first year.

By all means get an Evo if you want an Evo, but don't kid yourself with the man maths. ;)

• Like 1

evos go wrong a lot from what i have seen

my advice is if you like your zed bide your time keep your eyes open for a kit !and you will do it for more like 5ish

i supercharged my 370 it really wakes the car up but maintains its character

evos are a totally different car i think comparing the two on power is only half the story

• Like 1

Friend had an Evo VII. She was either always standing on a forecourt filling it up, or booking it into a garage getting it serviced. You think Zeds drink? You've seen nothing until you've experience an Evo.

Fun cars, but highly strung, and high maintenance. Bit like her really lol.

She sold it and got an RS.

• Like 1

I came from an evo 8 to my supercharged 350. Bot have their pros and cons.

Evo will be more expensive to run,but you will be able to use the power better i.e. when it rains you cna still plant your foot and go instead of going up the road looking like a dogs tail.

but the evo will also be alot easier to get more power out of it when you get bored.