HR oil pressure issue

leigh_boy

long story short, oil pressure was low, i changed the sensor.. no good so i booked it in at abbey for this monday coming. How ever my dad today took the car and got the oil galley gaskets changed for me as a thank you for something else ( i had bought the parts) I got home from work and found this out. i thought awesome.

Got in the car started it.. 120psi on the gauge.. thought was a bit high . let it sit and as it warmed up it sits just below 30 all warmed up. went for a little drive 2K rpm was showing 60 PSI .. 3.5K rpm was showing 120 psi

whats happened has something got blocked up and causing the high pressure? if so where do i go looking as i think all the oil lines are internal...?

or has the pod in the car failed and over reading?

Il be calling abbey in the morning but im to worried to drive it now.

Best to get an external oil pressure gauge hooked up to get a true oil pressure reading.

Replacement of faulty galley gaskets will significantly increase the oil pressure.

What oil brand and viscosity are you running and also what oil filter ?

Should be safe to drive to Abbey, but talk to them first.

Best to get an external oil pressure gauge hooked up to get a true oil pressure reading.

Replacement of faulty galley gaskets will significantly increase the oil pressure.

What oil brand and viscosity are you running and also what oil filter ?

Should be safe to drive to Abbey, but talk to them first.

how can it cause it to be high? * just so i can understand ( its just a paper gasket.

nissans 5/30

im trying to find a gauge to test my self... are the pods known to over read and go faulty?

thanks

The galley gaskets are internal gaskets and if faulty the oil pressure will suffer.

Replacing the gaskets rectifies this issue.

Is that not the reason why you replaced the galley gaskets ?

The oil pressure gauge may be faulty, however more chance that it is the oil pressure sender switch.

Get the oil pressure checked with a stand alone gauge.

And remember that you do not have a problem until you have a problem. ;)

PS: Nissans "own" 5W30 is low quality oil.

Edited by ZMANALEX

The galley gaskets are internal gaskets and if faulty the oil pressure will suffer.

Replacing the gaskets rectifies this issue.

Is that not the reason why you replaced the galley gaskets ?

The oil pressure gauge may be faulty, however more chance that it is the oil pressure sender switch.

Get the oil pressure checked with a stand alone gauge.

And remember that you do not have a problem until you have a problem. ;)

PS: Nissans "own" 5W30 is low quality oil.

ah sorry i got confused.. i thought u was saying the new gasket could be faulty..( tired)

we have just checked with the old sender unit and it reads the same as the new one so im happy it not the sender . I hope its the pod.. but i cant see any one online to have had the same issue.