For football fans. Scary and horrible read.

350 Russ

First things first Im a Blackburn Rovers fan. We have possibly the worst if not the worst owners in football. this season we will get relegated to league 1. we are £100million plus in debt and have had roughly £30m worth of player sales /sell on fees taken out of the club since last summer and no money purchases bought in. our entire first team are loanees or freebies.

Here is an article about the crooks. with potentially illegal goings on. If any of you football fans are on fans forums please forward on the article as get the word spread and hopefully try and ramp up pressure on venkys to sell up.

#venkysout

http://www.sportskee...-at-riverside/2

Edited by 350 Russ

I'm an ex-Leeds fan. We trump anyone at the Crap Owners Top Trumps. :D

Ex??????

Yup, I quit supporting them a couple of years back after 20-odd years. A club run like that deserves no support at all, so my pennies and loyalty now go to my local club instead. Braintree Town ftw!

Gist of it is

*Indian Conglomerate venkys buy BRFC as free advertising.

*Hire agent named Jerome Anderson to help run club even though thats against rules.

*Sack Big Sam and force out existing board, appoint Steve Kean and give him contract making him 3rd highest paid manager in Prem. His agent is Jerome Anderson.

*In summer sell majority of team that kept us up despite Keans ineptitude.

*get Relegated.

*Kean gets a bonus for some reason and give new bumper contract to Bradley Orr for bigging him up the night we get relegated to sky cameras.

CHAMPIONSHIP;

*Appoint numpty shebby sing as global advisor (no idea either)

*Kean quits and gets big payoff

*purchase a lot of crap players from Portugal who aren't good enough. An agent get big payoff for each transfer.

*Appoint Henning Berg as manager, Sack him after 50 odd days and pay him millions in payoff due to CEO couldn't write a contract. Berg took club to court and venkys lawyers stated that Derek Shaw went rogue. Stayed on for another 3 years.

* constant cashing in of players and making the squad worse season on season to as we are now. Bottom of champ, clueless manager and lowest attendance in club history.

• Like 1

Blackpool can give Leeds and Blackburn a good run. All the financial drain of club coffers AND the chairman also texts fans to call them retards!

Then sues them?!

How can it be that the beautiful game has been left in this state?

Because outside the prem no one cares??

Blackpool can give Leeds and Blackburn a good run. All the financial drain of club coffers AND the chairman also texts fans to call them retards!

Then sues them?!

How can it be that the beautiful game has been left in this state?

Because outside the prem no one cares??

A big part of it is the risk with having private owners, they're not accountable to any real board or shareholders, so they do as they please.

West Ham fan here - club was literally days away from going pop and going bankrupt when the Icelandic revolution went shockingly wrong - signing Mascherano and Tevez illegally, pretty much leveraging the club against bank losses, Gold and Sullivan come in and start getting the place back on an even keel. It was a scary moment though that never really made the news, but we were days away from bankruptcy and all the demotions and points reductions/player sales that follow.

To be honest I was expecting more.

Seems like the norm for quite a lot of clubs.

I think out of all the current clubs going through this its a toss up between Blackpool & Charlton for the the worst owners. This is worth a read to show how insane the Blackpool owner is: https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/may/02/karl-oyston-blackpool-tangerine-nightmare-stan-mortenson

• Like 2

Football is well bent, I know a few decent stories ...... how about the Premiership manager that had an agreement with foreign agents that they would pay him £50K for any player to have a trial? Said player would then return to his homeland worth £100K's more because he had been linked with a Prem club. Another manager who used to insist that every player he signed used his own agent, and would then split the signing fee?

Too much money means too much greed - agents should not be getting paid millions to transfer players, they are more overpaid than the players and thats saying something.

A few years back when Gareth Barry I think it was moved to City, he contracted his best mate for 3 days to be his agent to orchestrate the move. To be a registered agent you only need complete a one day course! Its a farce the whole thing and money that should be spent on youth development/grass roots is being siphoned off by leeches like football agents.

Too much money means too much greed - agents should not be getting paid millions to transfer players, they are more overpaid than the players and thats saying something.

A few years back when Gareth Barry I think it was moved to City, he contracted his best mate for 3 days to be his agent to orchestrate the move. To be a registered agent you only need complete a one day course! Its a farce the whole thing and money that should be spent on youth development/grass roots is being siphoned off by leeches like football agents.

Yet no one can speak out about how corrupt they are because they will be cut adrift like Mike Newell was when he was Luton manager in the championship.

I don't mind that much how much the agents get, but the players should pay it, not the clubs. It only seems to be football where the Mr 15% gets his cut from the Employer not the Employee.

Is it not the same in the real world too though? For example, companies head hunting someone employ an agency to make the introduction, and they then pay the agency when the other person signs.

But yes, agent fees are just mental. That said, a good agent is more than just someone who argues the toss over the contract minutiae, they're almost like a PA these days for the top players.

Is it not the same in the real world too though? For example, companies head hunting someone employ an agency to make the introduction, and they then pay the agency when the other person signs.

But yes, agent fees are just mental. That said, a good agent is more than just someone who argues the toss over the contract minutiae, they're almost like a PA these days for the top players.

Sort of, and I get what you mean, but those agencies represent the company seeking the employee, so they are doing the service for the company. In football the agent is working on behalf of the employee.

I'm a contractor and I work through an agency, so they get a slice of what the company pays for me.