AVOID Custom Lights " Pedro "

MikeyM

Moral of the story? Don't split your headlights open.

Saw people do this on the ST forums. They'd split them open to remove the yellow indicator lenses, and spray the internals black.

..then many would come back back asking why their lights were full of condensation, or their bulbs/led's flickering.

Have to wonder if you have a case. The Manufacturer recommends not to open headlights up. Did he have a limited liability clause "I'll open them, but it's on you if it goes Pete Tong."?

I tell users this everytime I repair their iphone. Yes I'll open it and attempt a repair, but if i make it worse, that's on you...you happy with that?"

Did you know if he's a qualified Nissan technician? No? So you accepted the risk?

Case dismissed.

maybe

The point is he paid for works done, the work isn't up to standard and the party isn't willing and/or able to fix it, therefore he is entitled to his money back.

what if you was getting one side of the story and our OP was threatening over the phone and he blocked him because he doesn't want to be harassed and abused in such a way had them replaced once and when pedro received them the first time they had been damaged from incorrect installation?

just a thought.

3 sides to every story, 2 biased bullshit ones and the actually truth

Edited by StevoD

Saw people do this on the ST forums. They'd split them open to remove the yellow indicator lenses, and spray the internals black.

..then many would come back back asking why their lights were full of condensation, or their bulbs/led's flickering.

Have to wonder if you have a case. The Manufacturer recommends not to open headlights up. Did he have a limited liability clause "I'll open them, but it's on you if it goes Pete Tong."?

I tell users this everytime I repair their iphone. Yes I'll open it and attempt a repair, but if i make it worse, that's on you...you happy with that?"

Did you know if he's a qualified Nissan technician? No? So you accepted the risk?

Case dismissed.

maybe

The point is he paid for works done, the work isn't up to standard and the party isn't willing and/or able to fix it, therefore he is entitled to his money back.

what if you was getting one side of the story and our OP was threatening over the phone and he blocked him because he doesn't want to be harassed and abused in such a way had them replaced once and when pedro received them the first time they had been damaged from incorrect installation?

just a thought.

What if, what if, what if. lol

Incorrect installation is very difficult as it's only a single connector, assuming this guy Pedro is at least half decent at his work and wired everything into the existing loom on the light itself.

• Like 1

Case dismissed.

maybe

just a thought.

Interesting comments there Steve of, strange how they just happen to be the exact comments that Pedro Gois has been telling everyone regards me .... so can only assume you have spoken to him direct.

But, in responce I am very happy to take him to court because I not only have video evidence, but texts from Pedro himself which prove he is a liar and full of @*!# regards his work.

Also happy to point out since I made this public I discovered I am just one of three who want to see him in court 😟

And in court the truth shall indeed come out !

Will share this on the Mustang forum if you don't mind mate. Me along with most other Mustang owners are desperate to have led fitted inside our headlights. Lots of people claiming they can do it properly. Will make sure no one goes to this guy

Will share this on the Mustang forum if you don't mind mate. Me along with most other Mustang owners are desperate to have led fitted inside our headlights. Lots of people claiming they can do it properly. Will make sure no one goes to this guy

I've no problem with that at all

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not any help I'm afraid Mike but when I get round to my own headlights I will be doing them myself as then if it goes wrong I will have to just re do them, I understand not everyone can do this, splitting headlights is fine if you know how to re seam them :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...

Hope you get some kind of resolution to this fella, he sounds like a cowboy, why offer a service like that and then use sub std components that fail, on the subject of the condensation, all the lights i have ever seen are vented to prevent condensation, so opening them should have no effect unless the vents are covered on re sealing.