350z written off, thinking about getting a 370z

Richesio

My beloved 350z was written off (taxi driver blacked out and crashed into it while parked!)

I've been looking at 350z, but I'm thinking of making the leep to a 370z.

It seems like I'd be spending an extra 5-6k, is it worth it?

What's it like to drive in the lower gears, I always found the 350z to be sluggish, did they fix this in the 370z?

Would be interested to hear what you all think, especially the people who went from 350z to 370z.

My beloved 350z was written off (taxi driver blacked out and crashed into it while parked!)

I've been looking at 350z, but I'm thinking of making the leep to a 370z.

It seems like I'd be spending an extra 5-6k, is it worth it?

What's it like to drive in the lower gears, I always found the 350z to be sluggish, did they fix this in the 370z?

Would be interested to hear what you all think, especially the people who went from 350z to 370z.

Most of the people on here who've made the move seem to be happy about it.

I made the jump last Thursday :lol:

Haven't had a great amount of driving time in the 70 yet but I do love it already, especially the Synchro rev - really addictive.

My initial opinion is there doesn't seem much in it but then again I haven't really pushed the 70 like I had in the 50. Give me a few more days and I will try to give you a proper unbiased opinion.

• Like 1

I made the jump last Thursday :lol:

Haven't had a great amount of driving time in the 70 yet but I do love it already, especially the Synchro rev - really addictive.

My initial opinion is there doesn't seem much in it but then again I haven't really pushed the 70 like I had in the 50. Give me a few more days and I will try to give you a proper unbiased opinion.

What! Wait! How did I miss this?? What happened to the 350 mate? Which 370 did you get?

Did I miss a thread on this? :lol:

Depends which 350 you are coming from really. If your going from the older models then the 370 is a nice jump and you`ll notice a big difference. However if your going from a 350HR to a 370 then you`ll notice very little. Personally I found my HR felt quicker, more responsive and more planted around the corners.

Another thing to factor in before you rush out & buy a 370, is check your insurance. As whilst it was a no fault accident, very often companies will increase your premium simply because you have had an accident.

Still, its a great position to be in, cash in hand, looking for a new car! Good luck!

• Like 1

Hi, there is a similar thread titled 370z power, a few threads down, which should give you a good insight into how people feel moving from the 350 to the 370. This should help.

Personally I love my 370 far more than my old 350 and I though that was a great car and for comparison sake, I have owned 4 Porsche and an M3 amongst other interesting cars.

Depends which 350 you are coming from really. If your going from the older models then the 370 is a nice jump and you`ll notice a big difference. However if your going from a 350HR to a 370 then you`ll notice very little. Personally I found my HR felt quicker, more responsive and more planted around the corners.

Another thing to factor in before you rush out & buy a 370, is check your insurance. As whilst it was a no fault accident, very often companies will increase your premium simply because you have had an accident.

Still, its a great position to be in, cash in hand, looking for a new car! Good luck!

I was in a similar position as the OP a while back. Someone crashed in to the back of my parked car. I didn't lose out at all. I did have to declare it on the insurance but my premiums weren't affected at all.

Edit: Pic because why not :D

RDsdzhK.jpg

Edited by AdrianL