Hey all, newbie looking to buy a Z soon(ish)

Hi guys, I got directed here by a man by the name of zedrush on another website. From what I gather though nobody really likes him anyway so maybe you dont recognise the name :p !

haha just kidding matey!

My name is Rik and I officially started my "Z-fund" today by going and buying £2k's worth of premium bonds to stop me from pissing it up the nearest wall. After I've sold my current car (230bhp mk4 golf gti) and saved a bit longer I should, with any luck have a decent sized deposit for a nice Z.

I'm 21 so any advice on favourable insurance companies would be great, although I have got it down to £1300 so far which isnt too bad all things considered!

Great site anyway, keep up the good work and I'll be keeping a watchful eye over the for sale section ;)

Cheers

Ahh you guys are so nice to me, Im so loved lol. Hya mate nice post :lol:

glad to see you made it over here. perhaps I was wrong people over here are not maturer than the other site, they are slighly more madder. And take no notice of Andy, he just mad I got a better looking car than him :lol:;)

And for everyone on here, I joined another site as well, its a mixture of all different car owners on there who mod their cars up, great for advice and getting ideas, great site and a really friendly bunch of people like here... And then whilst trawling through the pages I saw that Val was also a member there :headhurt:

Also found out the guy I sold the car to was on there too ... double :headhurt::headhurt::lol:

Cheers for the warm welcomes guys.....I knew cheap insults at a fellow member would attract some comments!

Oh I am already with elephant with mum added on policy to bring price down, I've been trying all the tricks but cant get it below £1300. Like I say though relative to the cost of the car/performance/my age I dont think that is extortionate.

I want one now! haha

Cheers for the warm welcomes guys.....I knew cheap insults at a fellow member would attract some comments!

Oh I am already with elephant with mum added on policy to bring price down, I've been trying all the tricks but cant get it below £1300. Like I say though relative to the cost of the car/performance/my age I dont think that is extortionate.

I want one now! haha

lol, have you tried directline? Tell them the price you got quoted by elephant - 100, the plus side with direct line is that you claim no claims under your own name as well :thumbs:

ye direct line is a bit of a con though, named drivers only get discount if thye decide to take up a policy with direct line.......and I'm not sure what their policy on modifications is!

I have my own policy and NCB anyway, just added parents on as they see it as spreading the risk so you get a lower premium.......even though I'd never let the dopey bint anywhere near my car haha!