Halfords, discount on tools

Spotted this on Hotukdeals, figured it might be useful to some people here too being car related:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/15-off-tools-halfords-including-stanley-34-piece-screwdriver-set-for-7-65-free-cnc-2442805

It basically means you can get things like their 200pc set with Lifetime guarantee for £127:

http://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools/tools/socket-sets/halfords-advanced-professional-200-piece-socket-and-ratchet-spanner-set

Not too shabby B)

They had 50% off all their professional range on bank holiday monday. I popped in there for some car shampoo and spent ages trying to find a tool I dont have already in order to take advantage of the offer. Unfortunately couldnt find anything I needed! Gutting really as i paid full price for most of my stuff over the years.

I've got their trade card, well handy and has saved me mucho £s over the last year

Yep same here. Doesn't work on everything but some things are so cheap with the card it's just ridiculous at times. :scare::lol:

I bought a Halfords Professional 30 piece screwdriver & bit set a few weeks ago. RRP was £40 I believe and it was on offer already for £19.99, ....used my trade card and it came down to £15. Bargain. :teeth:

• Like 1

It does make a kind of frustrating that I must own about half of th contents of this set at more cost than the 127. But that same fact stops me wanting to buy the set as I will be doubling up on so many bits.

Although I reckon you could buy some now at this price and sell them on at a profit once the deal has ended on run up to fathers day and christmas.

Make sure you keep the receipt. Me and Chris have identical sets and break about 1 socket a week.

Quality compared to 5 years ago is utterly shite

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

That's a shame to hear, i have that exact set but from maybe 7 years ago. Only thing I've broken is the 1/4 ratchet because I was a bit drunk and thought it was totally ok to use as a breaker bar with a pipe on the end.

Make sure you keep the receipt. Me and Chris have identical sets and break about 1 socket a week.

That's a shame to hear, i have that exact set but from maybe 7 years ago. Only thing I've broken is the 1/4 ratchet because I was a bit drunk and thought it was totally ok to use as a breaker bar with a pipe on the end.

I've got a set from perhaps 7-8 years ago (smaller set but still fairly hefty but only a half inch). Absolutely unbreakable. No play in the ratchet and everything is properly clunkclick

Talked Chris into buying a set each on the basis of that set......new ones are turd. Lifetime guarantee so not major shakes but as a business it's a PITA digging the receipt out and going back every 5 minutes.

I've got a set from perhaps 7-8 years ago (smaller set but still fairly hefty but only a half inch). Absolutely unbreakable. No play in the ratchet and everything is properly clunkclick

Talked Chris into buying a set each on the basis of that set......new ones are turd. Lifetime guarantee so not major shakes but as a business it's a PITA digging the receipt out and going back every 5 minutes.

That's a shame to hear, i know a lot of the mechanics at work liked to get the halfords professional stuff instead of snap on. I guess halfrauds couldn't resist digging more money out of their customers.

Snap On are ridiculously over-priced. I paid £250 for a set of needle nose pliers and some 1/4 and 5/6 extension wobble joints, utter rip off.

They're good, but they ain't that good.