Potential new 370Z Nismo owner

NismoTom

Hi guys,

Joined the forum today - looking at ordering a 370Z Nismo in June ready for the new plate in september.

I have a few questions though as i have been to a couple of dealers who already starting to discount each other and beat each other in price - so the question is - How much discount can i really get off? And what sort of deals are people getting?

I will continue to keep going back to dealers to beat each other aswell though.

I have been quoted from a west way dealer in wolverhampton for a Nismo in white no Extras onto the car the following:

3Year PCP

my own 3K deposit in

1500 dealer contribution.

the apr is at 4.9 IIRC

550 a month which i think is over the top

I understand the car is 38000 but i reckon people have been getting more discount.

I have it in writing aswell so can post it up if people need it

I already have a lot of plans for the car, first of all will be going to FI to get a brand new high frequency exhaust on the car, they sound absolutely incredible.

If you haven't heard of them or seen them go on youtube and check out FI Nissan 370z nismo exhaust.

Thanks for all your advice

Hiya NismoTom and nice choice of car,

Can't really offer much advice on deals on a new Nismo as i don't own one,

But when i was looking for a 370z i popped into Colliers, Warwick rd, Birmingham who have a new white Nismo demo may be worth contacting them to see what kind of deal they can offer.

Welcome on board and good luck with the purchase.

One question - do the t&c of your PCP allow for modifications such as Fi?

I would also bargain that top end price way down. There are some demonstrators out there with very little mileage going for way lower than that

You'd be mad to buy a zero miler, massive discounts (£8-10k) on demo cars out there but it all depends on how much your PCP APR goes up on a used car.

Beyond that I'm not sure why you're bothering with a new nismo - if yoy're going to charge it, might as well get an 09 plate and spend the 15k difference on the upgrades you want?

• Like 2

Ive also seen a few nismo's with a black spoiler and different alloys on a 64 plate to the 65 plate? Has there been a new nismo out this year and whats the difference between them - as i prefer the look on the old one being honest

Mark 1

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/nissan/370z/nissan-370z-3-7-v6-344-nismo-3dr/5452405?v=b

Mark 2

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/nissan/370z/nissan-370-z-3-7-nismo/5293786?v=b

If you've been discussing buying new, it must be the Mk2. If you prefer the larger spoiler etc that's a Mk1. There's no difference in performance, as it's exactly the same engine and tune.

As you'd expect, opinions differ on which looks best. Mk1 for me, but the Mk2 has nicer seats.

You'll be wanting a new exhaust whichever one you get.

Edited by sipar69

Push for a discount.

I ordered a new car (not a nissan) last July. £45k list price after options and I got a £8.5k discount.

Let them think you're interested in other manufacturers even if you're not. Tell them you've been speaking to brokers.

Edited by Kev

In that case you're looking at £26k-£28k.

If you pick white, check the colour match between the bumpers and body. Some storm White Zs (and GTRs) have quite badly matched paint between body and bumpers. Dealers will tell you it's because one is plastic and the other is metal and the bumpers are painted in a different location, which is true, but there are some bad examples where the bumper looks a completely different shade - more of a dull cream. If it doesn't bother you fine. I think it looks crap and spoils the look of the car, so I specifically looked for one without that issue.

You can read about how it affected a GTR on here. http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=127786

• Like 1

I paid £28k for my MkI demo model: £7k deposit (p/x my 350z) then £275pm for three years, £14k gfv. 2.5 year warranty, 6 months VED and two free services. Comes to £5,700pa not including tyres or petrol! Expensive hobby but the car appears to be falling in value quite slowly so might have some equity to play with at the end...

Im struggling to get below 500 a month for the Nismo.

Suggestions on how to get the dealer to knock more off?

Are you certain that you're discussing the Mk1 car with dealers and not the Mk2? You do know that if you're talking about a new car it won't be the one you said you prefer? Bear in mind that most dealers probably don't know the difference!