Guy Martins wall of death live.... Predictions?

88 Zed

There explanation of how gravity works with the moon surely has nothing to do with riding the bike on the inside of the wall of death. Two totally different issues surely.

On another note it looks like fun. I'd have a go :-)

• Like 1

What a great show, I'm enjoying it way more than I thought I was gonna, you can keep your Springwatch and Countrywatch boring rubbish, let's have more like this. Oh and Stargazing from Joderal Bank, that's good TV in my book :lol::teeth::D

• Like 1

good tv watching. not quite sure why it had to be live and have steve jones presenting it, unfortunately I don't think Guy is particularly good live because he's just so calm, theres no drama!

78mph is pretty good going, don't think his record will be beaten any time soon, that wall was already huge and building one twice the size to go faster without pulling as many Gs will take some doing.

Im a little surprised that they didn't need to do something to the bike... they aren't normally designed to withstand 6G, like having 6 guy martins on top and the weight of 6 bikes - would have thought suspension, tyres and chassis would have at least been mentioned.

Also can you imagine if he'd have come off? its not just coming off a bike at 70mph, he'd be thrown into the wall at 6G, then dragged across it at reducing G force until he slowed down :surrender:

Im a little surprised that they didn't need to do something to the bike... they aren't normally designed to withstand 6G, like having 6 guy martins on top and the weight of 6 bikes - would have thought suspension, tyres and chassis would have at least been mentioned.

thats why they chose an Indian , 6 Guy Martins is the same weight as one middle aged American ;)

• Like 3

I was surprised they didn't have to modify the fuel / oil pumps? Wouldn't it cut out with all the fuel being on the side of the tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All the fuel would be at the bottom of the tank still due to the G force (the same thing that makes it possible to ride on a vertical wall in the first place).

78mph is pretty good going, don't think his record will be beaten any time soon, that wall was already huge and building one twice the size to go faster without pulling as many Gs will take some doing.

I was thinking about this, will there now be a president that it has to be a certain size wall? As effectively you could just build bigger and bigger walls to lessen the g force?

They went through his crash last night......what do you mean this is old?

Edited by Jetpilot

nah, its not a sanctioned competition, its a world record attempt... if someone wants to build a circular wall around a football stadium and ride around it at 130mph, I say have at it!

I can see someone building a bigger wall very soon then as the g's seemed to be the limiting factor.

its all very well and good until someone blacks out and veers upwards and out of the wall, and flies through the air 20ft up at 90mph... but its certainly one for the daredevils! there are probably a few buildings already in existence that might support a record attempt if someone was ballsy enough to try it.

you never know, Guy Martin might even give it another go and try for 100mph at a more reasonable 4g - by my calculations that's a 100m diameter wall.

I was surprised they didn't have to modify the fuel / oil pumps? Wouldn't it cut out with all the fuel being on the side of the tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All the fuel would be at the bottom of the tank still due to the G force (the same thing that makes it possible to ride on a vertical wall in the first place).

True but would there be enough G force as soon as he gets onto the wall? I think guy just wanted an excuse to build another bike ðŸ‘ðŸ»