Nissan Quote for Reversing Camera

luka761

£1300.

Yes thats right, thirteen hundred pounds, I didn't accidentally add another 0 on there by mistake! Of which the camera is £860. Presumably it can see through walls and predict the future for that price. Will someone just wipe my bum for me and tell me where I can get a high quality camera from a reputable vendor? (for less then £860)

• Like 1

I guess the Nissan one would give you surround sound and 3D HD and probably VD. I just needed something simple to avoid hitting anything. I found a little camera fitted to a new number plate lamp lens on eBay. It was easy to fit and only cost about £25. I bought a small screen and fitted it in the dash cubbyhole. It operates through the reversing light wiring. It was so successful I bought another one and stripped off the lamp bits and fitted it to the front grille so I can see what's below my site line when parking. I just have a switch that turns it off when cubby is shut.

I am a bit of a fiddler with cars but if you don't fancy it or don't have the time just order the parts and get someone to set it up, it was really easy.post-18265-0-46795100-1457306588_thumb.jpeg

I guess the Nissan one would give you surround sound and 3D HD and probably VD. I just needed something simple to avoid hitting anything. I found a little camera fitted to a new number plate lamp lens on eBay. It was easy to fit and only cost about £25. I bought a small screen and fitted it in the dash cubbyhole. It operates through the reversing light wiring. It was so successful I bought another one and stripped off the lamp bits and fitted it to the front grille so I can see what's below my site line when parking. I just have a switch that turns it off when cubby is shut.

I am a bit of a fiddler with cars but if you don't fancy it or don't have the time just order the parts and get someone to set it up, it was really easy.post-18265-0-46795100-1457306588_thumb.jpeg

I'd rather have one that feeds in to the satnav screen to be honest and the problem is at its worst when its dark so a camera that is decent in low light would be mega useful. I like tinkering with cars too, just not electronics! I'll keep searching but if anyone has a camera in mind that kind of matches what I've described please let me know.

• 5 months later...

Assuming you have connect premium, I'd strongly recommend this one. I had it on my previous 370 and it was as good as the one that came with my Nismo. You can get someone local to fit it if you don't fancy doing it yourself. This guy's kits are well known and he has good reputation.

http://www.carkitcom...ckup-camera-kit

Edited by sipar69

Not sure I can put up a link for the one I have as it will take you to the dark side :) but in the interest of getting the best deal, google: paul_s 370z reversing camera

£110 providing you have the connect premium. Paul's a top bloke, he sent mine to Switzerland and everything you'll need is included. Took me, a mod novice, about 2.5 hours on my roadster. The quality is actually better than the factory installed one on my Infiniti :wacko:

Not sure I can put up a link for the one I have as it will take you to the dark side :) but in the interest of getting the best deal, google: paul_s 370z reversing camera

£110 providing you have the connect premium. Paul's a top bloke, he sent mine to Switzerland and everything you'll need is included. Took me, a mod novice, about 2.5 hours on my roadster. The quality is actually better than the factory installed one on my Infiniti :wacko:

Second this post, i have Pauls Kit on my 370 and it is top notch and east to fit.