Removing Decals

Ukeraa

Hi all,

Firstly, excuse the state of my Z. End of the week and it's my daily driver :blush: .

These have been bugging me ever since I bought the car back in December, but I've been enjoying it too much to care. Now though they bug my quite a lot; I'm not slagging off the dealer, they were lovely and I'd happily buy from them again.

So, what's the best way to remove these? I could probably have a go at peeling them off, they just look like stickers, but I don't want to do any damage.

hs711u.jpg

zo6rk5.jpg

Bonus shot with my chicken legs :p .

2csc9bp.jpg

Happy Friday everyone!

Joe.

Hello Joe.

Best way imo ~ use a hairdryer to gently heat up the glue holding the stickers in place. Then careful start peeling from one end & keep heating at the same time whilst pulling the sticker away from the body/window at an angle.

Once the sticker is completely off you could then use a "sticky stuff remover" like "Autoglyms Intensive Tar remover" to get rid of the glue residue. On the windows polish with glass polish afterwards and use polish/wax on the body afterwards. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Oh I should have specified, the sticker is actually on the light! Might be a bit fiddly to remove.

What inside?! What a PITA. :thumbdown::lol:

Still the hairdryer trick will work but you're obviously going to have to remove the brake light to get at it first. Good luck. ;)

Gently pick at the edge with your fingernail and then slowly peel them off. The hair dryer tip is a good one but I doubt you'll need to use it - they should come off easily - just take your time. Then clean off any remaining glue as suggested above