5th bow

If you can , get the car running, crank the heating up really high to get the roof warm, even bring an additional fan heater if you are able.

make sure everything is warm , then try to open hood fully then try closing again.

Do not try to force it by hand as you will bend something.

• Like 1

I think the heating method only works for the Vinyl OEM roof which gets stiff as it gets colder, 'though it's worth a try. Lindsey, make sure the cars running so you have full electric ampage, make sure the car's out of gear and foot on the footbrake, then push the roof switch down to try to open the roof fully. If it only go's a little then stop and try the switch the other way. Keep doing this back and forth and it ought to eventually go all the way up and down. I wouldn't try to force it manually just use the motors. Hope it works :)

• Like 1

good point about the OEM vinyl roof

did you have mohair or vinyl fitted Lindsey.

i still think a bit of warmth will help, even the lubricant on all the joints will move a bit better, but as Floydbax say, just keep going through the open/close sequence.

hope it gets sorted

Edited by Paul K
  • Like 1

The open/close method should work and it'll help if you spray some WD 40 on as many of the joints that you can find. Nissan say the minimum operating temperature for the hood is 5 degrees C, from experience I'd say closer to 10 degrees is more like it.

Pete

Btw ... I had Nissan original hood replacement .. I believe vinyl

if you can , get it parked in the sun (depending where you are, obviously....its quite sunny in kent at the moment) and get the heater on full blast, and as Jetset suggests, a bit of spray lube on as many joints as you can find won't hurt

Edited by Paul K

Best to get it up to temperature before roof operation is attempted.

As Pete has said, minimum of 5 degrees C however operation will be easier on the motors, in particular 5th bow if 10 degrees C

If major surgery required then this may help:

http://pdf.textfiles...upe/2005/rf.pdf

Alex, :)

Edited by ZMANALEX

Can you tell me what exactly is happening. Ive fixed four of these now and consider my self the master. lol

Let me know whats going on from the moment you sit down to the moment it stops. Describe everything to me as I may be able to help.

• Like 1

I have had 350 6 years and never had this issue.

When I go through routine of opening soft top it goes fown all but one inch. When I try to close it, it will stay open about an inch at the back.

Ihad a new roof fitted as it had tears and rips and thought it may solve this problem. I am gutted... please if you can do help me