to tune or not to tune? :S

LDUNKZ18

I agree, i wouldn't put anything other than the Rays on the 350 unless it was for purely style reasons. To get lighter than them, you've got to spend the big bucks which is better put elsewhere IMHO.

This ^^

I wanted wider rears for more grip (turbo'd Zed) and carried out extensive research into different wheels. Volk TE37 are about the only thing that are as light, strong and good looking as the Rays. I seem to remember them being in the order of £2,000 for a set... I just gave up and spent that money on a Quaife diff and polybushes which improved the grip/handling to such an extent I wasn't worried about the wheels at all!

As for remapping, don't even worry about bhp numbers on an NA engine. The best thing about uprev is that the car feels keener and more responsive to drive. Even with your nice exhaust, plenum spacer and filter the extra power will be nowhere near noticeable. You might just end up restoring the power it should have had when it left the factory.

I'd say the Uprev is still worth it, but as mentioned if you want to go a lot faster, the Zed's brakes and suspension are easily and relatively cheaply improved and will be markedly better.

DBA discs, Ferodo DS2500 pads, braided lines and BC coilovers are a nice combo. I can tell you from experience that they certainly compliment 380bhp nicely :)

Oh, and remember to use 98 RON and above!

Edited by waltzinblack
  • Like 1

On the wheel subject - Rotas may not be forged but they arent much heavier than the 350Z Rays and they arent expensive either. Nearly everything Volk make are lighter and forged (CE28, RE30, aforementioned TE37) and there are some real featherweights out there too, SSR Type C and Type F, Advan RG and any of their racing series, Weds TC ......... theres a few options out there if you have the time and inclination :)

theres a few options out there if you have the time and inclination :)

I think a slightly wider front and rear helps the handling, wider track with more favourable offsets is also a bonus over std Rays imho.

I cant say i would stump up the cash for an uprev on an na.

Edited by Jetpilot

SSR Type C and Type F, Advan RG and any of their racing series, Weds TC ......... theres a few options out there if you have the time and inclination :)

Not to mention the cash :(

I sold a pair of secondhand Type C's for about £300 not that long ago, Ive seen sets of RG's for less than £500 as well. Just need to keep your eye out innit ;)

I stay in Dallas tuck, a small village about 2 hours from Aberdeen.. about 15 minutes from Elgin.

You can goto dynatune in East Kilbride. That's the nearest for us scots. Supposedly Wallace performance do uprev now but not sure

You've saved me driving to leeds, cheers! Any reviews for the guys at dyna tune?

Sent from my potato using duct tape

I stay in Dallas tuck, a small village about 2 hours from Aberdeen.. about 15 minutes from Elgin.

You can goto dynatune in East Kilbride. That's the nearest for us scots. Supposedly Wallace performance do uprev now but not sure

You've saved me driving to leeds, cheers! Any reviews for the guys at dyna tune?

Well I went there to get mine done. Got a bit of over run and now get some pops and bangs which is nice.

He tuned my mates sc 370z and he's had no problems with it.

Well I went there to get mine done. Got a bit of over run and now get some pops and bangs which is nice.

I'll Have to hear it if I ever make a meet 👀 high flow cats are on their way then a remap, the thought of driving to leeds was daunting!

I'll Have to hear it if I ever make a meet 👀 high flow cats are on their way then a remap, the thought of driving to leeds was daunting!

Haha yeah if you ever decide to turn up to a meet.

• 2 weeks later...

Toms 370z was remapped at Dynatune after he fitted a stillen supercharger - as Jeff already said - he was more than happy with the results. There's a video of it online somewhere.

I'd be interested in a Rolling Road day at some point to see what power the 380 kicks out, even though I don't plan on messing with the Autech map. We are quite limited for choice up north, but didn't Jumzo register his interest in a TSG rolling road day recently?

Toms 370z was remapped at Dynatune after he fitted a stillen supercharger - as Jeff already said - he was more than happy with the results. There's a video of it online somewhere.

I'd be interested in a Rolling Road day at some point to see what power the 380 kicks out, even though I don't plan on messing with the Autech map. We are quite limited for choice up north, but didn't Jumzo register his interest in a TSG rolling road day recently?

Personally I don't think I'd go on a rolling road as its not as accurate and seen far to many videos of it going wrong. Dynatune has the hub dyno so more accurate and no chance of it damaging ur car if it comes off.

Personally I don't think I'd go on a rolling road as its not as accurate and seen far to many videos of it going wrong. Dynatune has the hub dyno so more accurate and no chance of it damaging ur car if it comes off.

Not to mention the near zero chance of it coming off in the first place, zero chance of a strap breaking and the car getting loose, zero chance of a tyre failure or loss of traction etc etc

Thanks for all the kind comments :teeth:

• Like 1

No doubt youve seen many videos of people crashing on trackdays too, but that doesnt mean it happens regularly ;)

There's always a lighter option. ;)

But not a forged stronger option for reasonable money. ;)

Luckily I quite like the design of the rays, mainly as the 3 dots on each spoke matches the door handles. I've been looking for some similar weight but wider alloys for years and never found any that are reasonably priced enough to make me switch. Might have to after the TTs though. :(

19" LMGT4's?

• 2 weeks later...