Funniest Compliment

AndySpak

Now I guess we're all used to getting compliments about our Zeds but what is the funniest compliment you've ever received?

I went to my local drive-thru KFC at the weekend and as I pulled up to the window to order the young lad hung out and said "Nice car mate, I really like these". To which I smiled, thanked him in as much of a non-condescending way possible and ordered my food. When he came back with the food, he said again "I really like these cars, I've got one on my Xbox". My girlfriend and I just pi**ed ourselves laughing at him!

Ive been given a free coffee before for having a "top car mate!"

I have had a 40year old guy who was out shopping with his wife shout through my car window.."Nice car, ive got one of those"

Ive heard two taxi drivers talking as ive been strolling through town too say "Look at that, i bet that cost a fortune"

Its usually the kids that comment though.

Can't resist giving the loud pedal a good squirt when you see the youngsters pointing to the car, to help make their day ;)
That and the wheel spinning and going off the mark with smoke. Isnt that right Ricky ;)

What i love is how the car attracts non idiotic people who want to have fun rather than BEAT you off the line, the countless times i have had spats with people in other cars just for a laugh rather than to show who has the biggest dick.

There was a Mondeo ST220 on the M6 (private part) that i had some fun with as i love the slip road from the M1 onto it and always go round there at the speed limit ;) and he followed so i had to keep it going (aka foot down further). toyed with him until J3 then came off, to which he overtook and waved out the window and put his thumbs up. Nice guy. :thumbs:

I remember when I had mine and an elderly woman was looking in the window when I was parked at the supermarket, I could hear her commenting to her daughter (I assumed) trying to work out what it was ... didn't ask her if she fancied a ride though :lol::ninja:

what about the daughter? :teeth:

I gave my bosses son a ride in mine after a meeting in Birmingham. I left the car on the boss' drive for the day and took his car up there. When we got back his son asked for a ride and thought it was wicked. Was going to tell all his class mates, he is only 6 bless him. His dad was totally bemused as he'd never shown an interest in cars before, to which I replied "but you've never had a good enough car for him to be interested in before!!" :lol:

Luckily he has a good sense of humour and took it lightly :thumbs:

I had a mate's girlfriend come in saying 'Who's car is that outside?'. When I said it was mine she said, yeah right and that it looks like something cool out of a James Bond film.

Funniest was when me and the missus met with another couple friends of ours, and when we came out my mate went up to the car and was waiting by the passenger door, and his girlfriend had a right go at him for touching the posh car and he could get into trouble and he couldn't afford to repair any damage. Was even funnier when I got in it!! :D

:lol: some good storys there.

i rememebr being in the local off-license place and seeing an old school friend (yes a girl) who is Stunning B)

Anyway i walked back to the car park with her and she commented that she wanted "one of those next" pointing to my Zed. I walked upto it jokingly saying "yeah its mine" and tried the door handle which didnt open. She started laughing and said "in your dreams". At that point i pressed the key fob and got in, her face just dropped! :scare::lol:

I got some brownie points there... :teeth:

i rememebr being in the local off-license place and seeing an old school friend (yes a girl) who is Stunning B)

Anyway i walked back to the car park with her and she commented that she wanted "one of those next" pointing to my Zed. I walked upto it jokingly saying "yeah its mine" and tried the door handle which didnt open. She started laughing and said "in your dreams". At that point i pressed the key fob and got in, her face just dropped! :scare::lol:

you should of shouted back " it is now !! keep an eye out incase the owner comes back" :lol::lol:

Anyway i walked back to the car park with her and she commented that she wanted "one of those next" pointing to my Zed. I walked upto it jokingly saying "yeah its mine" and tried the door handle which didnt open. She started laughing and said "in your dreams". At that point i pressed the key fob and got in, she then dropped to her knees! :scare::lol:

I got some brownie points and a whole lot more there... :teeth:

[/b]

Sinbad you dog!

But did you shag her?

Oooh, I mean get her number? ;)

Oh what a dream encounter!

Back when I first had my 260Z I had not long been split from a long-time girlfriend. She had hooked up with a guy with a souped-up Ford - the best in the area - and was lording it about town in his passenger seat, much to my disgruntlement.

I met her in the street and told her about my beautiful new sports car and how fast and sleek it was and she was a bit sceptical to say the least.

Next day she drove slowly past my house with her fella, just in time to see me get into my horrid old ford capri (1.3!) as I drove it off to the scrappers yard for it's final ever drive. Needless to say the 260Z was hidden away behind the old capri and the last I ever saw of her was her disappearing up the road with them both laughing their heads off.

That really stung and it still pees me off now. I much prefer your story to mine!

Went into the local VW dealer yesterday to look at a s/h golf as a run around, a young lad was in there with his Dad discussing a car with the sales rep, young lad spotted the Z outside and shouted across the showroom to his Dad, "Can we have one of them and not that boring car we're getting" salesman not impressed.

Went into the local VW dealer yesterday to look at a s/h golf as a run around, a young lad was in there with his Dad discussing a car with the sales rep, young lad spotted the Z outside and shouted across the showroom to his Dad, "Can we have one of them and not that boring car we're getting" salesman not impressed.

:lol:

:lol:B)