first scare of the year

lance350

I encountered my first patch of ice on my commute to work today. I have 15 min duel carriage way commute followed by 10 minutes of country lane. The duel carriage way was fine but as soon as I hit my first country bend the back end swung out on me , luckily due to my driving talent (the TC coming on) and the coffee I had before work I just about managed to catch it. it shook me up though. I think I am going to be it bit more careful for the next couple of months.

• Like 2

Slidey car weather time, yay! :D :D :D

This is kind of weather that sorts the men from the boys. I love it, I really do. There is nothing like the challenge of keeping a good pace in changeable conditions, it's so much more fun than flat out in the dry. It's not about driving like a knob though, it's about control.

• Like 1

Slidey car weather time, yay! :D :D :D

This is kind of weather that sorts the men from the boys. I love it, I really do. There is nothing like the challenge of keeping a good pace in changeable conditions, it's so much more fun than flat out in the dry. It's not about driving like a knob though, it's about control.

yeah, and when you lose control the person behind you thinks "knob" :stir:

my daily commute is a blessing and a curse, its only 10 minutes to the office, so nice and slow, and good on fuel - and little chance of skidding or loosing control in this weather, but not enough room to open 'er up :(

Edited by GeorgeW

I had tc light flickering yesterday morning on work commute. I might borrow the suzuki swift if it gets worse. I thought I had executed a perfect rwd slide in a BMW once.. Then ended up in a ditch. A shallow ditch, luckily.

I encountered my first patch of ice on my commute to work today. I have 15 min duel carriage way commute followed by 10 minutes of country lane. The duel carriage way was fine but as soon as I hit my first country bend the back end swung out on me , luckily due to my driving talent (the TC coming on) and the coffee I had before work I just about managed to catch it. it shook me up though. I think I am going to be it bit more careful for the next couple of months.

I had just this in my first few months of Zed onwership.

Know this - the Zed is a brute.

It may look smooth and refined on the outside - but given the chance to mis-behave it will glady shake its tail when the opportunity arises.

Learned this early on when I pulled out of a T-junction on a rainy day after seeing no-one in either direction and decided to floor it to see what happened.

All I can say is that since then, I respect the power of the Zed, :thumbs:

Edited by The Trouser