Latest new member on lookout for zed

Hi everyone

I am thirty something from rainy Yorkshire

Looking to buy my first 350z like many on here. I have already looked at the various posts and advice on here which is a massive help.

My budget is 9k but could poss stretch onto credit card for right car. Looking idealy for HR model well looked after.

My plan is to upgrade the brakes to some good looking grooved discs and uprated pads. Add on a cat back stainles performance exhaust and some lowering springs or poss new suspension setup. Then finally refurb and repaint wheels or poss new set. Unless of course some of this has already been done. Not a massive transformation but quality subtle upgrades.

After reading on here can easily see me paying a visit and paying a few thousand to couger store.

So hopefully will have one for spring when i can get some use. It will be a second car kept garaged which is why i need a clean example as i wont put many miles on and will hopefully have it for many years. Who knows poss a future much sought after car that starts appreciating in value?

Anyway. Sorry for droning on. If anyone knows someone selling and it genuinely is a great buy please let me know or pass on my interest. Looking forward to getting involved here

Cheers Mitz. I take it you can supply and fit most upgrades as well as doing servicing? Will be in touch once i purchase. Will have more money end of March so will prob need a nice package deal sortingðŸ‘ðŸ»

Darmo. Looking for a 2007 model realy and that has had too much spent. Kinda takes fun away from a project. Thanks anyway

Right, here is one that's come up on Autotrader, could do with any advice from the regulars:

media.jpg?id=f091a34b60a342c193751b840c9fed20&width=640&height=480

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201512309720780?search-target=usedcars&onesearchad=used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew&sort=mileage&radius=1500&model=350_z&postcode=WF8%202GA&body-type=coupe&page=1&make=nissan&maximum-age=up_to_9_years_old&price-to=12000&price-from=7000&logcode=p

don't know if that link will work but its on currently with 42k on clock and service history

passed through every mot with no advisories except last one with below:

Nearside Front Suspension arm rubber bush deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.2)

Offside Front Suspension arm rubber bush deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.2)

I realy like the colour, I like the white leather, it is over my original 9k budget but as stated I don’t mind putting some on credit card for the right vehicle, so my question is, does it seem a good buy? How much would the suspension arm bushes cost to replace? What is its real value/price or is it worth waiting patiently for others.

I think it depends on whether its just the arm or the bush you are replacing, Like others have said just look at the zeds with your head not your heart, I looked at lots and really would of brought 70% of them but little things put me off and eventually got my 05 DE and it hasn't missed a beat :D

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the search!

£9k should get you a very nice low mileage 350z HR if you're lucky or a very nice supercharged 2005 DE :)

For that budget I'd avoid anything over 50k miles and 3 owners. Don't rush!

OOPS, I rushed.

7 months ago ( omg that long already?? ) Bought a 1 owner, 50k miles, FNSH model from a dealer. 07 plate "revup" - £8700

In a way I regret it, cause that midnight blue one further down looks great... and HR!!!

But what sold me was the 1 owner and relatively low miles, and at the time, was the best I had seen in about 4 months of searching.

I guess we can't all wait and be patient for the best one :p

Having said all of this though, there are currently none that I would buy on autotrader, based on colour and being convertibles.

I'm a fussy one ;) Only wanted a black one ,manual, GT spec :D

Edited by Mikevv
  • Like 1

Yeah Mike. Its a lot of dosh so dont want to buy a money pit. The midnight blue pic i posted is my favourite currently on sale but just too much money as it stands. I asked if they would do a quick cash sale but because its only been on for a week they want the full asking price. I have to wait and keep searching. I offered £9.7k which was flatly refused. Its not like i would use it anyway till spring. Would just be sat in garage. Regardless of that it wont stop me buying a "gem" if one pops up

• 3 weeks later...

Well it looks like i will be owning one very shortly. Put a deposit down today with a view to going back next week and buying. Just come on autotrader. Dont know if this link will work?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201601290516995/sort/atcustom/postcode/wf82ga/radius/1501/make/nissan/model/350_z/price-to/11000/page/1/usedcars

Realy wanted a HR model. Black or midnight blue were preferred colours and to say its at a dealership price is right. Its not perfect. Alloys could idealy do with refurb but by no means look bad. Tyres are budget and interior leather needs touching up but good points are full dealer service history every year including P3. Mot history shows no advisories or cause for concern at all and the garage is respraying the front bumper and bonnet to get rid of the usual stone chips.

Brakes, exhaust etc are in usual used condition but fine but as i mentioned previously i will be looking to upgrade in the coming months before summer so all in all very excited and to celebrake i have just bought £140 of cleaning/wax goodies to waste several hours of a weekend when weather picks up