Japspeed K4 Fitted :D

Lurch

About 3 or 4 weeks ago i fitted a japspeed k4 cat back system as the standard exhaust literally fell apart, i still haven't found one of the tips..... :/ so I had a look around and found the k4 it was in my price range and was a little different.

I obviously read the reviews on here and elsewhere on the internet, but with a bit of searching i found that this site was the only one that seemed to hate on them so much. I thought there must be a reason for it but thought id give it a go anyway. so far I'm happy :) i know it won't last as long as a gemini or the actual HKS but I don't really mind that. I don't have masses of free cash and need the car back on the road to get to work.

Im really happy with it all, the fitment was perfect and there were no problems at all.

so i thought i would get a video of how it sounds incase anybody is considering it as an option.

Hope you all like.

https://www.youtube....ed/KDDd-3t36Hw

I tried to embed this rather than link to it but could figure it out :S

Fitting was fine. i had a mare getting the old one off and then got ripped off for getting the cat bolts drilled out. but i fitted the K4 myself with not that many tools and a couple of axle stands and a creeper.

Im happy with the way it sits. looks nice shines well when its clean and the tips are adjustable forward and backwards so you have a bit of room to make them more your taste.

here are some photo's

IMG_8718_zpsynumoj5z.jpg

IMG_8720_zpsnjxixvek.jpg

IMG_8721_zpsvlueavyc.jpg

IMG_8722_zpseq2kweje.jpg

just watched it, bit dark but sounds v good

yeah it was after i had got back from work i remembered i had my go pro with me so thought i would get a quick vid

Sounds very beefy! And people moan about these exhausts! i've got a k2 and love it!!

Yeah Im not sure why? i know people had a bit of an issue with fitment but that all seems to be a while ago and i had no issues...

Lurch the exhaust sounds fairly decent from the clip of it and doesn't look bad either. Good job. ;)

One thing though you have different tread pattern tyres on the rear of your Zed, ...I'd seriously consider changing them when you can as mismatched tyres can cause problems especially with the weather only getting worse at this time of year.

Lurch the exhaust sounds fairly decent from the clip of it and doesn't look bad either. Good job. ;)

One thing though you have different tread pattern tyres on the rear of your Zed, ...I'd seriously consider changing them when you can as mismatched tyres can cause problems especially with the weather only getting worse at this time of year.

Good spot!

I'm replacing the tyres next month hopefully (funds allowing) I've ordered a set of FK 453's for the front that are supposed to be getting delivered tomorrow (there were cuts on the inside of the tyre wall that i noticed when sorting the exhaust) and couldn't afford to replace all 4 at the moment so figured that was more dangerous than the miss match.

hope the 453's are good :)

Looks and sounds great, I've never had a problem with japspeed stuff :thumbs:

Thanks man. it really needs a clean and polish it was so shiny but this rain is incessant at the moment so getting out to clean her is almost impossible

just watched it, bit dark but sounds v good

yeah it was after i had got back from work i remembered i had my go pro with me so thought i would get a quick vid

Sounds very beefy! And people moan about these exhausts! i've got a k2 and love it!!

Yeah Im not sure why? i know people had a bit of an issue with fitment but that all seems to be a while ago and i had no issues...

Think the main issue was with the K2's. I had one and the fitment was awful ! Loved the sound though, until it started ratlling ! Haha. The K1's seemed to be ok though. You must have dropped on a good one bradders.

Edited by SHEZZA

• 4 months later...

I am also tempted by one, I think it fits 56 plates too as the engine is the same as the 05 (just revup) whereas from 07 they changed to HR I believe so had a different connection?

Just checked with JapSpeed over the phone - they said it didn't fit 56 for some reason, but he didn't seem very clear why :(

Anyway, I've decided to get the credit card out and go for the Scorpion :drive1

Edited by JimHigginson

That is wierd (and annoying as I have a 56!). I have just searched back on here and it seems any aftermarket y-pipe and back will fit DE and HR, just the OEM y-pipe isn't interchangable

So in theory as the K4 is y-pipe back, it should fit both engines

Just to update for anyone that cares... I took the plunge and ordered a K4 for my revup, got it fitted today with only a minor problem - it touched the ARB slightly so it had to be heated and bent but only took a couple of mins by the garage. The rest of it fitted lovely. Certainly looks the part