R33 GTR Vspec Modest Build Thread

Flex

How's the R33 going Flex? :)

:lol: my new tyres are just doing a circuit of europe on the back of a lorry. One day they might arrive in the UK, possibly.

Supposed to be being despatched Monday but we'll see, only 3 weeks since my order so I can't expect too much :lol:

Yes I did read your Camskill thread. :wacko::lol:

Pretty mental but tbf to Camskill they're usually pretty good so I think you've just been unlucky this time.

So have you not been driving it whilst waiting on the tyres? :)

How's the R33 going Flex? :)

:lol: my new tyres are just doing a circuit of europe on the back of a lorry. One day they might arrive in the UK, possibly.

Supposed to be being despatched Monday but we'll see, only 3 weeks since my order so I can't expect too much :lol:

Yes I did read your Camskill thread. :wacko::lol:

Pretty mental but tbf to Camskill they're usually pretty good so I think you've just been unlucky this time.

So have you not been driving it whilst waiting on the tyres? :)

Only once, sounds epic. Love it.

Hopefully come weds I'll have tyres fitted and tracking done and away I go! cant wait. I bloody love that car.

• Like 1

Get some more pics up then or a video if you can. Pretty in love with the GTR's myself. :cloud9:

You can have mine for £40k :lol:

Will gte some pics up when I've washed her. Video not sure about, might be used as evidence :)

Get some more pics up then or a video if you can. Pretty in love with the GTR's myself. :cloud9:

You can have mine for £40k :lol:

Will gte some pics up when I've washed her. Video not sure about, might be used as evidence :)

As long as you don't film your face they won't know who it is so can't convict, ..."apparently". :blush::lol:

Look forward to the pics, oh & won't be buying yours for £40K sorry. :dry: Too rich for my blood. :D

• Like 1

Look forward to the pics, oh & won't be buying yours for £40K sorry. :dry: Too rich for my blood. :D

What even with these on?

2016-04-26%2012.34.13_zpszi2to0jr.jpg

I'm a bit dissapointed with the fuel economy rating :lol:

Actually quite excited now! Yipee!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Flex

Skylines are such an awesome looking car.

A lot of people don't get it. Boxy etc.

To me a skyline says "I mean business"

Your right there, too the point where I was looking at them and my misses sees it, looks me up and down and says 'no, your not manly enough for that one' :(

Skylines are such an awesome looking car.

A lot of people don't get it. Boxy etc.

To me a skyline says "I mean business"

Your right there, too the point where I was looking at them and my misses sees it, looks me up and down and says 'no, your not manly enough for that one' :(

Ouch, I wouldnt stand for that!!

I'd go off and sit down and cry :lol:

Good choice on tyres, I have exactly those on my GT4 and they are pretty bloody good actually.

I know, I picked that up and acted on it :) I couldnt bring myself to go MPSS price, will see how they fair :)

Yes indeed, loving it!! :teeth: Those turbos man, I wont need a stereo!

Need to sort a meet or something soon.

Bought a Karcher too whilst waiting for her, just need a snow foam attachment. Well overdue!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Going to do a bit of a thread revival here gents, but I'm also thinking of moving from my Z to an R33 GTR - can you guys comment on how the R33 feels compared to a 350z? Someone also mentioned Going with JM Imports rather than the GTR Shop - has the GTR shop got a bad rep or something? I've been chatting with the guy there and was going to go with them for importing one...

• Like 1

Going to do a bit of a thread revival here gents, but I'm also thinking of moving from my Z to an R33 GTR - can you guys comment on how the R33 feels compared to a 350z? Someone also mentioned Going with JM Imports rather than the GTR Shop - has the GTR shop got a bad rep or something? I've been chatting with the guy there and was going to go with them for importing one...

No idea but I know Ian has had a few dealings with importing cars (think he mentioned both of the above). Might be worth a PM to him. ;)

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/106105-new-car-again-r33-gtr/

Obviously set up will vary.

My R33 (this one) is a hard ride, exhaust is horrible - LOUD!

BUT, I've always wanted a GTR and I love it.

It is completely different to the Zed, the zed in comparison is a luxurious ride.

The R33 is a head turner though, the amount of double takes people do and thumbs up etc is unbelievable. It's like driving a Ferrari lol.

Edited by Flex

I had more people stop me and talk to me about my old R33 than the Zed for sure, much rarer sight on the roads and a lot more distinctive (probably because average your Joe thinks the zed is a Porsche) - one person in a car park came up to me and asked if he could take photos of it - one guy I found outside my house taking selfies of himself in front of it. Driving home from footy one night a biker pulled up next to me (whilst moving) and checked the car out and gave me big thumbs up. Many more stories like that! in the flesh R33s do look really good, they are just unlucky enough to have the rep of being the poor version of the Skyline range (which is a bit unfair horses for courses and all that)

• Like 1

• 8 months later...