R33 GTR Vspec Modest Build Thread

Flex

• 1 month later...

Blimey that's taken a while. Why so long? Did you have to wait for it for you to buy the road tax?

Let me know how you get on.

Bought it from Ireland so had to register in UK, needed MOT, which took me a while to sort, then had to send off for V5 with MOT and forgot to send copies off ID (missed that bit on the 100 point form!!) so took a few weeks to come through.

I feel your pain. Mines been here since before Christmas and I'm still waiting to pick it up :(

Bad times bro, wont be long though, are the import company sorting plates out? I now need some, the last piece of the puzzle!!

Oooh I like it very much :D

I've got a little confession to share with the class...look what Squee found at a local car auction:

12592731_10154538392640021_1949918412588978089_n.jpg?oh=15510879cbe3e8b8f33696d5e6ce4063&oe=57305240

..naturally I couldn't leave it there to fall into the wrong hands! still feels very surreal it being sat on the drive!

Non V-Spec sadly so Flex's still trumps it lol.

S.

PS it's a 1995 so went on classic insurance - £281 annual!

Edited by Squee
  • Like 4

Oooh I like it very much :D

I've got a little confession to share with the class...look what Squee found at a local car auction:

..naturally I couldn't leave it there to fall into the wrong hands! still feels very surreal it being sat on the drive!

Non V-Spec sadly so Flex's still trumps it lol.

S.

PS it's a 1995 so went on classic insurance - £281 annual!

http://www.gtr.co.uk/

May I enquire how much you paid?

Edited by Flex

it was approx 20% cheaper than the cheapest currently on eBay (I'll let you do the maths and work that one out :p). But mine's only had one previous owner since import in '08 and allegedly the midnight purple holds it's value more than other colours. Also seems pretty stock and unmolested.

So it wasn't stupid cheap like £5k but I'm pretty pleased.

Sorry to crash your thread btw Flex!

S.

Edited by Squee

it was approx 20% cheaper than the cheapest currently on eBay (I'll let you do the maths and work that one out :p). But mine's only had one previous owner since import in '08 and allegedly the midnight purple holds it's value more than other colours. Also seems pretty stock and unmolested.

S.

Ok just let me know who you insured with and all will be forgiven! :)

S.

Ok just let me know who you insured with and all will be forgiven! :)

Sorry Flex - I misunderstood your Q! It's Footman James I'm insured with and so far I've been very impressed - easy and uncomplicated on the phone and great price. I think they also do track day insurance add-ons too.

Car is meant to be 20 years old+ to be on the Classic Insurance scheme but if yours is a '97 it's still worth a call as they might not be too strict on this.

S

• Like 1

Blimey that's taken a while. Why so long? Did you have to wait for it for you to buy the road tax?

Let me know how you get on.

Bought it from Ireland so had to register in UK, needed MOT, which took me a while to sort, then had to send off for V5 with MOT and forgot to send copies off ID (missed that bit on the 100 point form!!) so took a few weeks to come through.

I feel your pain. Mines been here since before Christmas and I'm still waiting to pick it up :(

Bad times bro, wont be long though, are the import company sorting plates out? I now need some, the last piece of the puzzle!!

Got my V5 today :teeth:

just waiting for the garage to supply plates and I think its ready :D

For insurance try Adrian Flux, I just insured mine with them for £700 and 0 Excess :)

But now the question is, do I sell my focus ST and used my Zee roadster as my daily ??? Hmmm interesting idea but it would leave me a £5k deficit, and I do kinda need a boot for my dogs or they will be climbing all over me in the passenger seat ??? What to do. I do like my Zee, and I only just got it, and it's very low miles, just not so practical as a daily