Winter Wash & Benefits Of A Decent Sealant

Stutopia

Due to a combination of grim weather, weekend working and social engagements I've not been able to give The Shark a wash for nearly two months :scare: This is probably the longest unwashed period since I've owned her and, to top it off, I have had to do some long runs down to Surrey and Birmingham (twice!) in grim conditions. Today the weather finally broke, temps were freezing but no wind or rain to speak of :yahoo:

Grim :(

IMG_6537_zpsnognifu3.jpg

These water streaks down the arches are what drive me nuts.

IMG_6538_zpspamnwdey.jpg

IMG_6529_zpstksbxexj.jpg

Minging, I might chunder :lol:

IMG_6533_zpsorlcvucb.jpg

I've yet to meet a snowfoam (even used at double concentrate today) that can shift the water runs, they're just too well adhered.

Envy's Bubbly Jubbly is one of my favourite foams and does a very decent job of tackling them (when viewed from a few feet away, less so up close). But snowfoam is to soften and lift dirt, not to clean. If I was really pushed for time, a snowfoam alone followed by drip dry does a decent job.

Apologies for the RDS :(

IMG_6543_zpsde1sajvs.jpg

Another big up for Envy. Evolution wheel cleaner is great, there was an assist from AMMO Plum Wheel Cleaner getting a minute or so dwell time after pre-rinse. No idea what I sprayed on the wheels last time, but it's broken down anyway.

IMG_6541_zpsozrpkhup.jpg

After a two bucket wash with AMMO Foam (again double concentrated) and the excellent microfibre madness mitt. All is well again :)

IMG_6546_zpshu6vucji.jpg

IMG_6556_zpsaaajakmt.jpg

IMG_6558_zps3x4zaxk5.jpg

I guess the point of this post (other than me pic whoring and being excited to get a wash done today) is to extol the virtues of decent paint protection. Because the paint has many layers of protection applied over time, even after a long spell without a wash, a couple of hours and she's looking in very decent condition - even if I do say so myself!

This is with no LSP, QD, Wax - just some AMMO Hydrate during the towel dry.

IMG_6560_zpsxjbm9trc.jpg

• Like 4

Luckily being tucked away in a garage I find myself not having to wash the zed so often and keeps her protected from the harsh winter weather :)

Lucky you! I'm currently looking for a double garage, preferably with some sort of house attached :lol:

• Like 2

Luckily being tucked away in a garage I find myself not having to wash the zed so often and keeps her protected from the harsh winter weather :)

Lucky you! I'm currently looking for a double garage, preferably with some sort of house attached :lol:

Who needs a house! Just get some heating and power in the garage, a beanbag, fridge and a TV and you're sorted ;)

Nice reflections shots Stu. That last shot really shows off the shine too :thumbs:

Also, when looking for a garage (with or without a house) look for one with (or budget for) a sealed floor. Your car will be just as dusty left in a one with unsealed concrete as it would be left outside during a sandstorm. Trust me, V.O.E! :lol:

Remind me though, what colour did you get your wheels done? :ninja:

I was planning to carpet the garage, is that not the future?

The wheels are "chrome effect" powder coated. Thankfully they look better than the name suggests :lol: Picked it on a last minute whim in workshp. Got a couple of bubbles popping up now after a couple of years :(

I'd quite fancy this if I ever get round to it again

FormulaSilver_zpsd5897422.jpg

or

image_zps32782e46.jpg

Anything over concrete would be an improvement, but I understand you're best off sealing the concrete first regardless. Although I have to admit I only "know" what I've been told. :D

You're right, they look (much) better than the name suggests. :lol: Not good news about the bubbles though.

The weather gods were good to me overnight and provided and opportunity for some beads :teeth: I even got proper camera out.

No fake beads were used during the production of this post :stir:

IMG_3725_zps89hva3rk.jpg

IMG_3708%201_zpsr0rvb8r9.jpg

IMG_3755_zpsfjrreeg6.jpg

IMG_3741_zpshm0exckz.jpg

IMG_3787_zpsybciwnhl.jpg

IMG_3766_zps93lthwek.jpg

IMG_3749_zps9gawql4e.jpg

As the rain was nice and sand free I gave her an open hose rinse, towel dry and a generous layer of AMMO Skin for the winter months to come. Cure times in 5 degree temperatures are ridiculous. All done :)

IMG_3871_zps0391g1rt.jpg

• Like 3

Looking nice must say can't beat a clean motor but hard during the winter months,top marks to you the Ammo product you use Iam I right in thinking he the American/ Canadian guy on You tube (Detailer) as if so always think his Video 's are good..! :)

p.s Apologies if that doesn't make sense..! :lol: :lol:

Yeah that's him, I learnt a lot from the Drive Clean videos, so ordered various goodies, very happy with them.

Haven't been able to get out and clean mine this weekend due to a bad back and also it was snowing here yesterday as well.

Have to say the last pic on #9 is stunning. You've done a cracking job there...the zed looks superb...well done! :clap: