Curved tv's

Bodyboarder81

They need to get the units out there to convince publishers they want to spend ££££ remastering or producing 4K content, because clearly we all crave it so much so we all bought new TVs.

Y'know, like they did for 3D.

Which is a massive success and popular with everyone.

*tumbleweed*

• Like 1

No ..... But i could see why you would think so :)

Its our room upstairs that we use just to watch films , wanted that dark cinema feel !

how do you explain the yellow minion then :lol:

Come on !...... Who doesn't like minions !! The joys of young children !! Scared the crap out of our 4 year old ..... Volume to max and finding nemo can be quite scary!! Fish are friends !!

• Like 1

Curved TV = Waste of time, marketing Gimick and they dont sit flat on the wall. I always want my TV as close to wall as possible, hence my 7mm bracket! B)

3D = Waste of time

4K = Looks good but content is lacking, so if you go for it (especially with the size you are condisering) get one that upscales from Full HD to 4K really well.

However if I was you I would consider another option. Get a Medium size TV, around 50in which is great quality for everyday viewing. Then get a projector and screen for movies and Sports. It is totally worth it and with your budget more than possible,

Just think about it, when you watch everything on 73in, BBC news, Doctor Who, Eastenders etc you get used to watching it all at 73in. Then you put on a movie and it is actually smaller than watching the news, because you get those stupid letterbox lines for the widescreen format most films are shot in. For me the main reason for home cinema is for it to imerse you into the movie, but if the screen is the same size as all normal TV you watch its just the norm and you loose the impact.

The right projector can give you a 100+in screen easily.

Just my 2 pence worth. :teeth:

Edited by monkeybrain1234
  • Like 2

We have our normal 50" plasma downstairs which is fine for everyday viewing ( although i hardly watch it ) the tv upstairs is only for movies ... But yes have started to look into a good projector to get that bigger screen feel ...

<3 my projector. Then it broke the other day :( Wont pick up any of the display ports (HDMI/VGA/DVI etc)

Only problem is if it's a small/medium sized room, it chucks out a @*!# load of heat!

20150418_163442_zpsedhjad9f.jpg

They you go Colin complete with Samsung sound bar and Lewis of course.

The picture/graphics in that picture alone are better than my 15 yr old 'HD ready' LCDTV. Seriously.

I need to go shopping. :D

Edited by Juggalo