Grrrrr! Bad tradesmen!

Tricky-Ricky

I hate unprofessional and rude trades people, the misses booked a local heating engineer to service our 3 year old external oil fired boiler, nothing special just the usual nozzle replace, clean and combustion check, I will be doing it once the five year warranty runs out.

Anyway today its raining and not very nice, however the misses sees the van arrive but looks like he cant see the house number, so the wife nips out to verify, ( I think he was already looking for an excuse to leave before he started)

Right from the start he was looking for a reason not to do the job to the extent that he was making obstacles and being just downright unprofessional and rude to extent where the wife called me and I said his attitude sucked, at which point he fooked off!

He basically dint want to do the job that he booked in the rain, now after going around the side of the house to look at the boiler he took the hose reel off the wall and chucked it on the ground, then proceeded to tell the wife that his gazebo would "crush the plants", and "you will be suing me because your boiler electrics get wet" fair point but but why not either just ring and cancel the job politely because of the rain, or just turn up and say sorry to let you down etc etc, but instead he is a complete knob end! :rant:

Edited by Tricky-Ricky

annoying when this happens but there is always a small percentage of this type of poor professionals who forget the customers come first as they are the ones keeping them in their jobs

probably a local web review will suffice so that others are aware of what service they can expect :dry:

Found this a lot when building my house. Tradesman around these parts are thin on the ground at the best of times so I did as much work myself as I could and saved a packet. Some of the work done by ''tradesmen"" left a lot to be desired.