Stolen Exhaust Baffles

Exec

Currently running a Japspeed K1, I'm careful about where and when I Park but it appears somebody has unscrewed all four screws, two per exhaust and stolen one of my muffler / baffles. So iv had to remove the second one and now the car sounds anti social... The second baffle was pushed in as they are quite tight to get out (I had to use cloth and pliers)

It just so happens I removed and cleaned said baffles on sunday, and noticed a noisy exhaust on Tuesday. So somewhere between this time period someone has taken it upon themselves to help themselves!

Can I buy these separately does anybody know? Or just drive around in my car which sounds crazy until I can afford a cobra?

Yes guys the Japspeed Bungs are 4" bungs reducing to 2" inner pipe

The Ebay examples are generally reducing to 1" or 1.5" inner pipe - I just worry this may look silly being 1/4 the diameter of the actual exit

As Follows:

Pirhana:

http://www.ebay.co.u...O_db2SSogOvVqIA

Although I read the following thread about these ones

http://www.350z-uk.c...-exhaust-bungs/

(why did the guy fab them to take a 2" inner pipe? Just to fill out the exhaust as I mentioned?

Jap Universal Baffle

http://www.ebay.co.u...awAAOxycmBSuEQ7

Toyo Sports

http://www.ebay.co.u...SwT7xCjRRcCJJBw

(with 1.5" inner pipe)

I'll call Japspeed tomorrow and see if they can sell exhaust baffles/ bungs/ silencers separately...

I shouldn't have to be doing this...

AGAIN IF ANYONE HAS A K1 BUNG LET ME KNOW!

Some peoples behavior baffles me also...

EDIT - I'LL LOCKTITE THE THREADS NEXT... See How You Like That Mr Thief!!

I Still Don't know where the incident happened - But if I caught them in the act I would certainly bung their exit!!

Edited by Exec

Maybe I am being too trusting of people but I doubt someone would steal just 1 exhaust baffle!

And with the coincidence that you removed them 2 days before it disappeared for cleaning I'm more inclined to think it wasn't reattached properly... unless you park on a traveller site lol :shrug:

Edited by Sargara

Tbh, there's very little point using the baffles on the K1 unless you're putting them in for track work: The whole point of the K1 is that it's VERY LOUD INDEED!

You'd be better off just removing the exhaust, and getting a better quality one put on there that's not so loud.

Some invisible guy stole my wheel once, overtook me rolling it down the road! Either that or I forgot to do up my wheel nuts...

Are you sure you just didn't forget to do the nuts up on that one? I doubt the black market for a used crapspeed exhaust bung is very large. Maybe it's a scam? They'll then offer to sell it back to you on here! Bloody scam artists, coming on here and selling us our own stuff back!

• Like 1

I tightened the four screws tight... It didn't vibrate out.. I struggle to get them in and out even without screws holding them in! One was pushed inward and the offender obviously struggled to get it out. Four spring tensioned nuts don't fall out like that..

There isn't a particular market for crapspeed baffles as you say. maybe some numpty thought they were platinum or something after I cleaned the crap from from the outsides...

Having shelled out for a new y pipe, four Mitchelin pilot super sports and some paintwork I'm holding off replacing the crapspeed for now. If I haven't found a replacement oem baffle by end of this weekend I'm ordering those toyo style baffles..

Ridiculously loud exhaust, not in a good way as people say.

Edited by Exec

You'd be surprised at the pressure that the exhaust puts out. I had some baffles which were secured in by two metal tabs fastened with a screw through the tail pipe. Over one morning on track the baffle managed to twist inside the exhaust to point down a bit. Also, if you tightened the bolts up on a fresh day, the heat of the exhaust could have loosened the bolts a bit causing the vibrations over a couple of days to undo the bolts. When the bolts are cold they'd be less tolerance in the threads meaning that when hot they'd be less tight :)

I have a japspeed K1 and don't use the baffles very often.

I'd be happy to sell you them (as a pair, as you can tell i would have no use for one)

PM me with an offer.

Thanks

IMG-20150831-WA0017_zpsxmnfcnu9.jpg

Edited by M1 6RYF

I had a K1 many moons ago and lost a few screws in the process, if I didn't do them up really tight using pliers they would come out. I wouldn't definately rule out that they haven't just fallen off.

I have lost 2 screws via vibrations but the bungs / baffles stayed in. it does take some force to get them out.

if i was sure i wanted them in on a permanent basis, i would rivet them in.

Maybe I am being too trusting of people but I doubt someone would steal just 1 exhaust baffle!

And with the coincidence that you removed them 2 days before it disappeared for cleaning I'm more inclined to think it wasn't reattached properly... unless you park on a traveller site lol :shrug:

Bang on the money there mate, that's exactly what my thoughts were!