Newbie from across the pond

:welcome::teeth:

Topgear :lol:

My wife usually sighs when I watch something automotive related but I got her hooked on Top Gear. We enjoy that show from begining to end.

Is 5th Gear still on over there? Speedvision here in the states carried the 2005 season in 2006 and I LOVED that show.

Welcome aboard, mate!

Top Gear is the king of the car shows :#1: - Fifth Gear a poor imitation!

Don't you have any decent homegrown programmes?

We have Motorweek based out of Maryland. It's pretty good but still a very basic local show. Public television is the only station carrying it and it's not shown on a regular basis. One thing I hate about America is its infernal love of SUV's and pickups. There are all kinds of truck shows on TV :yuck: soooooo I have to cross the pond to get good car shows.

Plus, and this is a big one, Europe gets so many more iterations of cars that we don't get over here. Other than gas prices, you guys live in a auto utopia.

Welcome. You obviously have a thing for sports coupes. B)

Yes I do. RWD 6 sp coupes are the only way for me. I slap winter tires and wheels on them come November and drive them year round. Some people think I'm nuts but then again aren't most car guys?

I've got a couple of pix of me auto-xing last summer at Tire Rack's headquarters. One nice thing about where I live. Tire Rack is 30 minutes from my house and they have a pretty sweet race track. They have auto-xing events every Saturday and Sunday from April thru October. Everything from Miata's to Lambo's.

I got my Zed in September so I'm quite excited about thrashing it next summer!