Some advice on a purchase

Ian

In February, I paid for a part that is generally accepted as being an "off the shelf" part and not custom made. I paid £280 as requested via bank transfer.

As far as I was aware, this part had already arrived as it was needed for another part of the job being done.

I found out about 6 weeks ago that it had never arrived.

For the last 6 weeks, its been "due in Friday" "in Customs" "Due in any day" god knows how many times!

Today, I find out that apparently the "small" parts required to build this will be in Friday and then it will ship same day to me & I'll have it on Tuesday.

Personally, I just want a refund now. After 6 months I feel i'm perfectly entitled to request that.

I've asked my supplier for a refund but I'm expecting him to say no, so whats the best way for me to get my money back?

Sorry if its all a bit vague, but there's a possibility the whole thing is heading down the legal route so I don't want to say anything too much.

• Like 1

I lost thousands of pounds because of a trader in here, soon to be disclosed. You're complaining for £280? :lol: :lol:

Legal system doesn't work in this country, unless you're filthy rich and you want to waste your money. Try the amicable way or get the product and sell it. You might as well name the trader so he has a chance to reply, we will then know both sides of the story.

• Like 2

He hadn't even said no yet. Give him a chance to respond, at least.

Assuming it's a negative response, simply lodge a claim with Money Claim Online and state your case. It's a simple breach of contract, and as long as you've kept all your conversations then judgement will be found in your favour. This is assuming you haven't made ANY special requests to the item (might be an idea to tell us what it actually is), and it's a generic item.

Posted · Hidden by Ebized, November 13, 2015 - Inapproriate comment by one trader about another
Hidden by Ebized, November 13, 2015 - Inapproriate comment by one trader about another

I lost thousands of pounds because of a trader in here, soon to be disclosed.

:snack: :snack: :snack:

Don't worry Alex, is not you! :lol: :lol: Not long now, 1-2 days, I'm working on it :)

It would take much more than a Skanky Romanian to get me worried. :lol:

I will give you 5 mins for a reply as I know that you will have to Goggle that one. :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

If you feel very strongly about this and all efforts to resolve the situation informally fail, the small claims procedure is very straightforward. Fill in some forms, pay a fee (which you can add to the claim) and you're on the way. No need for lawyers etc. If you get a judgement it will have a major impact on their ability to get credit, so issuing a claim might well be enough to encourage payment. However, it's obviously best to try and resolve the situation amicably.